Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Best detail/cleaning supply place in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 07:58 AM
BTW
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best detail/cleaning supply place in Canada

Looking for a good online place, other than Amazon, to get cleaning chem's, micro fiber, etc., in Canada. Shipping from US is killer. We're not so lucky to get free shipping over $50 up here either. I'm on Vancouver Isl. and we only have Crappy Tire and Lordco, both of which have nothing but Simoniz, Armour All and Turtle Wax. Just got a Q5 a few weeks ago. Washing with Meg's Gold and a lamb wool that is on it's last legs. Armour All tire cleaner is all I could find, but worked OK.
Anyone have a good supplier in Canada? Or should I stick w/ Amazon.ca?
Thanks!!!!
Bert
Old 06-07-2017, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

AutoObssessed.com and ChemicalGuysCanada and Eshine.ca
Old 06-07-2017, 01:58 PM
BTW
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Pan The Organizer
AutoObssessed.com and ChemicalGuysCanada and Eshine.ca
Thanks Pan!

While I got yer ear, Do you find much difference between the regular store- bought 80/20 made in China microfiber and the fancy 70/30 Korean? People seem to rave about the Korean, but I can tell if this is just pack mentality or fact.

You ever tried making your own auto cleaning stuff? Like shampoo, rim cleaner, interior clear? Saw the vid's on yer home cleaners and will give them a whirl as I like the old fashion "grandma recipe" stuff over the store bought chemicals.

Thanks/Merci!
Old 06-07-2017, 10:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BTW
Thanks Pan!

Do you find much difference between the regular store- bought 80/20 made in China microfiber and the fancy 70/30 Korean?

You ever tried making your own auto cleaning stuff?
Hi!!

Let me answer your two questions.

1) Yes there is a difference between a high quality South Korean 70/30 blend and the cheaper Chinese 80/20, 75/25 or 90/10 blends.

As you know, microfibers are made of essentially two types of synthetic fibers: polyesters and polyamides. The first number of a blend is the polyester and the second number is polyamide.

Because of the higher content of polyamide in the 70/30 blends, the towels are softer and more absorbent. A good example of a high quality 70/30 Korean microfiber towel is the famous Eagle Edgeless towel from The Rag Company.

This is not to say that the Chinese towels are all garbage. Some companies like The Rag Company produce high quality towels sourced from Korea and China.

By the way, I am preparing an awesome video dedicated to explaining different microfiber cloths, their uses, and differences in quality. Stay tuned to my Youtube channel "Pan TheOrganizer" !!

2) I haven't made my own DIY car detailing products, because I love car detailing and I love trying out different products. It's an obssession one might say. LOL

I hope this answers your questions!

By the way, have you seen my videos?
Old 06-12-2017, 06:15 PM
BTW
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi!!

Let me answer your two questions.

1) Yes there is a difference between a high quality South Korean 70/30 blend and the cheaper Chinese 80/20, 75/25 or 90/10 blends.

As you know, microfibers are made of essentially two types of synthetic fibers: polyesters and polyamides. The first number of a blend is the polyester and the second number is polyamide.

Because of the higher content of polyamide in the 70/30 blends, the towels are softer and more absorbent. A good example of a high quality 70/30 Korean microfiber towel is the famous Eagle Edgeless towel from The Rag Company.

This is not to say that the Chinese towels are all garbage. Some companies like The Rag Company produce high quality towels sourced from Korea and China.

By the way, I am preparing an awesome video dedicated to explaining different microfiber cloths, their uses, and differences in quality. Stay tuned to my Youtube channel "Pan TheOrganizer" !!

2) I haven't made my own DIY car detailing products, because I love car detailing and I love trying out different products. It's an obssession one might say. LOL

I hope this answers your questions!

By the way, have you seen my videos?
Thanks for the info on the micro. I kinda figured that be the case. Just wanted to confirm the 70/30 wasn't a mass hysteria myth.

I'm researching cleaners and treatments now. Just got a Q5. Looking into local detailers that can do a good wax and or a sealer. Just not clean on the differences and what to get, etc. Happy with my Meg's Gold for soap. Cheapo Simonize mirco wash mits have been a fav as they are a short open weave and release dirt easily( I don't two bucket, I dip, wash, hose clean. Makes the ultimate sense).
Used Arm. All tire cleaner but less than impressed. Dries to fast and dirt dries right on with it. Looking at trying Glym next. If not that then C.G. Diablo. Used Meg's interior cleaner/detailer yesterday and seemed OK.

Going through your Canadian website suggestions and will order a few things. Just trying to sus out who has what I want in stock as they all seem to be out of on a lot of things especially E Shine. Will look at getting some Eagle mirco towels too.
Thanks for your help. Have watched a few of your video and will go through more of them soon and subscribe. I'm the cleaner in the house so anything cleaning is interesting. Gonna try yer Dawn/vinegar cleaner in the shower. Though all I have right now is Sunlight dish soap.
Thanks!!!
Old 06-14-2017, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BTW
Thanks for the info on the micro. I kinda figured that be the case. Just wanted to confirm the 70/30 wasn't a mass hysteria myth.

Used Arm. All tire cleaner but less than impressed. Dries to fast and dirt dries right on with it. Looking at trying Glym next. If not that then C.G. Diablo. Used Meg's interior cleaner/detailer yesterday and seemed OK.
A great and inexpensive tire cleaner is Meguiar's Super Degreaser diluted 1:4 or Super Clean (from company Super Clean) diluted 1:3. It's clean the old dressings and crap off your tires and make them ready to receive a fresh layer of tire dressing. My favorite dressings are Chemical Guys VRP Dressing, Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel and AMMO NYC Tire Mud. A great wheel cleaner is AMMO Plum, and I also like Meguiar's Wheel Brightener for the dirtier wheels. Chemical Guys Diablo Tire Gel is ok.

For a good interior detailer, I like Chemical Guys Inner Clean and Chemical Guys Silk Shine.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:29 PM
BTW
AudiWorld Newcomer

A great and inexpensive tire cleaner is Meguiar's Super Degreaser diluted 1:4 or Super Clean (from company Super Clean) diluted 1:3. It's clean the old dressings and crap off your tires and make them ready to receive a fresh layer of tire dressing. My favorite dressings are Chemical Guys VRP Dressing, Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel and AMMO NYC Tire Mud. A great wheel cleaner is AMMO Plum, and I also like Meguiar's Wheel Brightener for the dirtier wheels. Chemical Guys Diablo Tire Gel is ok.

For a good interior detailer, I like Chemical Guys Inner Clean and Chemical Guys Silk Shine.
Thanks Pan. I'll see if I can get the Meg's locally and will look into the other products too. Just ordered from Auto Obsessed. Got a sm. bottle of the Diablo to try. Think I might take the car in to a local detailer to get a good base to start from. Get an exterior package and see if any of the local guys apply Opti-Seal. None list any of these type coats on their sites so I'll have to ask. Or do you think I could get them to clay/cut/polish then bring it home and so the Opti-seal myself? Paint is in pretty new condition. I'd like to get an Opti-Seal type product on there as a base for protection.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BTW
Thanks Pan. I'll see if I can get the Meg's locally and will look into the other products too. Just ordered from Auto Obsessed. Got a sm. bottle of the Diablo to try. Think I might take the car in to a local detailer to get a good base to start from. Get an exterior package and see if any of the local guys apply Opti-Seal. None list any of these type coats on their sites so I'll have to ask. Or do you think I could get them to clay/cut/polish then bring it home and so the Opti-seal myself? Paint is in pretty new condition. I'd like to get an Opti-Seal type product on there as a base for protection.
I've never used Opti-Seal. I like CQuartz UK Edition and Pinnacle Black Series Diamond Surface Coating. Both great ceramic coatings.

The paint must be dialed in perfectly before you apply a semi-permanent coating like ceramic coatings. Full decontamination (TFR, iron remover, claybar) then polishing stages (compound, polish, finishing polish) and then IPA wipe and only then are you good for a coating...
Old 06-20-2017, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I've never used Opti-Seal. I like CQuartz UK Edition and Pinnacle Black Series Diamond Surface Coating. Both great ceramic coatings.

The paint must be dialed in perfectly before you apply a semi-permanent coating like ceramic coatings. Full decontamination (TFR, iron remover, claybar) then polishing stages (compound, polish, finishing polish) and then IPA wipe and only then are you good for a coating...
Just a quick side question, would you suggest same treatment to a new vehicle (decontamination, etc) ? Or would a good wash be enough before applying a coating. Thanks.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 1stQ5
Just a quick side question, would you suggest same treatment to a new vehicle (decontamination, etc) ? Or would a good wash be enough before applying a coating. Thanks.
A "new" car even right off the dealer's lot is never new. When I got my brand new BMW 435i xDrive Gran Coupe M Sport, I took it straight from the detailer to my garage and spent 8-10 hours on it. Full pre-wash, wash, decontamination (chemical and claybar), final polish to remove any dealer-installed crappy wax, IPA wipe, then ceramic coating.

Remember that even a new car has been transported by truck, train, boat, etc and has been around industrial fallout, ferrous materials such as brake dust, road grime and tar, and more. And who knows how long it sat in the dealer's lot after that. New car preps are critical to make sure your car stays as perfect as it can through ownership.