Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Black Audi A4 - Daily Driver - Suggested Products

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I’ve been there many times and the place, Phil and his staff are awesome.

Phil is also a big Audi guy.

Originally Posted by bob m
Kevin,

Any reviews in particular fro DD? That's where I got my car coated 2 years ago and have bought lots of items there, since he is only 20 miles north of me I pick it up myself. Have to say, I'm a kid in a candy shop in that place. BTW, Phil the owner, as most know is a very accomplished pro detailer - and a nice guy.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Jsf721
I’ve been there many times and the place, Phil and his staff are awesome.

Phil is also a big Audi guy.
Yep and Phil's also a BMW fan.There's always some kind of super car inside awaiting detailing. He's also a big Nanolex dealer - which was the coating he applied to my Allroad.

Last edited by bob m; 04-22-2019 at 04:18 AM.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
I also use CarPro products and they are excellent. I actually just used CP Reload today on my marble cabinet top in my bathroom. Agree with the 2 bucket and grit guard wash also. That's why OP needs/should look at each task - washing/claying/drying/sealing/coating and familiarize himself with each procedure.
Best advice to OP is to watch some videos, read some of the online reviews, join one of the detailing forums. Don't rush out and buy every product in the world. Wait until you have a sense of what level you want to jump into detailing - as mentioned - it could be as simple or as complex as you make it.

Regarding Pan - he's great and I enjoy his videos - yet in one of most recent ones where he extolled the use of a new detailing spray - BeadMaker as if it were the second coming of the Messiah and of course I bought a gallon like a dumb-dumb only to find out it ain't no better than most of the detail sprays out there - with less protection. Point is don't jump on the "latest is the greatest" bandwagon. Your wallet will thank you.
It’s funny you say that. I drank the kool-aid also and bought a gallon of Bead Maker. Like you I quickly discovered its longevity is not great especially on a daily driver. I now use it on our weekend only car. For that it’s great as it really pops with shine.

I also started using using it on the A7’s glass surfaces. It works great on the hatch glass to bead the water and allow the wind to quickly dry when driving
Old 04-22-2019, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by chicagoA6
It’s funny you say that. I drank the kool-aid also and bought a gallon of Bead Maker. Like you I quickly discovered its longevity is not great especially on a daily driver. I now use it on our weekend only car. For that it’s great as it really pops with shine.

I also started using using it on the A7’s glass surfaces. It works great on the hatch glass to bead the water and allow the wind to quickly dry when driving
Maybe because I'm applying BeadMaker on a car (Allroad) that already has a couple of different detail sprays already on it that it did not show as well as I expected as I don't think it's supposed to be a topper on top of a topper of a topper, etc. I have the Nanolex coating and applied the Nanolex SIfinish over that. I use detail sprays mostly as a drying aid or topper on a clean/just washed car. Good idea about rear glass and I'll give that a try. I already have coated my windshield with a glass sealant Nanolex on my Allroad and Griot's on the Outback.Makes a huge, huge difference in clarity in any weather, but more so when it rains or snows. To me, its a safety issue more than a appearance issue.Of course I prep the glass before time.

But regarding Pan's review, I think he way oversold it and I'm betting lots of us were expecting more only to find it did not meet that hype. Not a bad product and at a very good price - even though I found I use twice as much to detail my car as compared to the other detail sprays (Griots, Sonex, Kenotek).
Not a big deal as these products are not much coin and I will use it up on our cars over time during the summer and early fall months, but a lesson learned - if something sounds too good to be true, well...................... I'll stick with the tried and true for now.