Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

!! can't get inside of windshield clean...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default !! can't get inside of windshield clean...

Yeah, it looks clean when you look at the car...2017 TTS, no smoking, no nothin except driving it. But with the garage door open behind the car and looking through the windshield from the front, it looks smeared and cloudy..it's probably the off gassing?
I tried the Ettore glass cleaner, I tried ..Trutle wax class cleaner, I tried white vinegar, and I tried dish soap..diluted and scrubbed. Not much of a change...I might be obsessing ( yes, I am ) but it is my kingdom, the wife has the house..I don't meet her standards cleaning there.
Advice?..... I know, it's worth what I pay for it.

Last edited by porttac; 06-29-2019 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by porttac
Yeah, it looks clean when you look at the car...2017 TTS, no smoking, no nothin except driving it. But with the garage door open behind the car and looking through the windshield from the front, it looks smeared and cloudy..it's probably the off gassing?
I tried the Ettore glass cleaner, I tried ..Trutle wax class cleaner, I tried white vinegar, and I tried dish soap..diluted and scrubbed. Not much of a change...I might be obsessing ( yes, I am ) but it is my kingdom, the wife has the house..I don't meet her standards cleaning there.
Advice?..... I know, it's worth what I pay for it.
I use Shine Supply “Sun Shine” glass cleaner, per their recommended dilution rate. Working great for me.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Overated....I just went back with another rag damp with dish soap mixture...scrubbed it and wiped it off with a micro fleece rag...it looks pretty good. After a workout with 5 different solutions, I may just break down and get some "Sun Shine" if it starts looking the way it did before my Workout! of scrubbing the inside windshield glass...oy.
Old 06-29-2019, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 880 Likes on 719 Posts

I have been very happy with Nanolex Glass Cleaner.
Old 06-29-2019, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Maybe I will get that one too!
Old 06-30-2019, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

One tip on cleaning the interior glass is to spray the product on your microfiber towel directly and then clean the glass. Don't spay the product on the glass directly as you will get a lot of residue on the dashboard
The following users liked this post:
TrickyQ7 (07-03-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 02:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Using the proper Microfiber towel is key on glass. The best I have used are these from Griot's Garage

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...rPicks&from=fn

And this set makes getting into the tight corners a breeze.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...rPicks&from=fn
Old 08-13-2019, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Old thread, but I've used SprayWay (get it at Walmart) and the blue Scotts Shop Glass paper towels from (also from Walmart) and it works better than anything else I've tried. I spray directly onto the glass and turn the paper a few times over until I'm wiping dry paper on dry glass. Sprayway has NO greasy residue and the Shop Glass paper has no oils in it. It's legit.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

There's an interesting product called the Zap Cloth. You use it with just a little water misted on the towel and then clean the glass. Works well, has sort of a following and not a major $$$ commitment if you don't like it.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find that it’s important to make sure your rags are super clean and have never been used or washed with anything that was previously used for anything else. Clean the windows twice with your favorite cleaner, changing rags between cleaning. The best product I ever used were cotton diapers, but they are hard to find now

Quick Reply: !! can't get inside of windshield clean...