Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Cleaning that off-gassing haze from the windshield

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning that off-gassing haze from the windshield

Hey all! So a family member had given me one of those "Gleen" cloths that you use with only water to clean with. I had used this on my big screen TV, my stainless steel appliances, and have been really happy with the results (not trying to sound like a commercial). Recently, due to the extremely hot weather, my new 2017 Audi Q7 had some unfortunate off-gassing from my vinyl sunshade, and I think some off-gassing, also from the heat, from my dashboard. This left my windows with that dull hazy look to it, that drove me crazy. I used the Invisible Glass Cleaner and found that the haze would return two days later. I used a microfiber cloth to move the stuff around the windshield so that I could see better. Last night, I remembered the Gleen cloth, and gave it a go on the inside. I then used the Invisible Glass cleaner on the outside (to complete that clear glass look). Guess what? It's MUCH clearer than it was when I used the Invisible Glass cleaner on the inside. I am hoping that in a couple of days, things will still be just as clean, we shall see. I had read some posts about using warm water and soap when cleaning a windshield and figured I would add this to the mix. I am not sure how or why they work, but I really like them! Makes the window cleaning a snap! https://www.gleencloth.com Has anyone else tried these?
Old 08-17-2017, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sethz
I used the Invisible Glass Cleaner and found that the haze would return two days later.
You can also use a classic tool to correct that haze: a magic eraser (like Mr Clean Magic Eraser) with a bit of Invisible Glass as lube. Works wonders.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pan The Organizer
You can also use a classic tool to correct that haze: a magic eraser (like Mr Clean Magic Eraser) with a bit of Invisible Glass as lube. Works wonders.
I will have try that as well! Thanks!