Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Leather Cleaner and Conditioner

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leather Cleaner and Conditioner

My A4 is black with beige leather. The leather shows any dirt easily. What is a quick leather cleaner/detailer/conditioner I can use to keep it looking great? Thanks!
Old 04-19-2019, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Many opinions on this topic. Kind of depends on your goals. If you simply want to get them clean then a mild soap/water solution used to dampen a towel may be enough to get them clean. My version of this approach is to use Optimum No Rinse in the detail spray concentration that is listed on the bottle. I put it in a 32oz spray bottle and when I want to do a quick interior detail, I will spray that on a microfiber towel and wipe down the seats, dash, door cards, windows, etc. It's a great all-in-one cleaner.

An alternative would be to buy and all-in-one leather cleaner/conditioner. I'm partial to Meguiar's products and I know they have a product that would serve this purpose. It's probably a slightly stronger cleaner than what I mentioned above, so it should be able to handle most stains and it also contains some kind of conditioner/protection for the leather.

My once a year method is to use a two step system from Leather Master. They have a product that cleans (I use Strong Cleaner) and a Protection Cream. It's very easy to use and does a nice job of both cleaning and protecting the seats in our cars. This might be more involved than you are looking for, but I feel the two step approach ensures you get both a good cleaner and a good protector. I'm skeptical that an all-in-one can ever be anything more than a compromise.

If you are wondering where to pick up these products, I would recommend a site like Auto Geek. Customer service has always been great and they tend to have sales on a very regular basis. You can also try Amazon or even your local auto parts store.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I use Griots 3-1 Leather. It cleans, moisturizes and protects in a single application. However, lot of products on the market. Like NoMoreSwede says Autogeek is a great resource for research and purchase
Old 04-19-2019, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thank you

I appreciate the information and recommendations!
Old 04-21-2019, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Good info here and I use a few leather care products from Griots also. If staining from denim is a problem you may want to clean well and apply a leather "coating' to the seats as it should offer more protection.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .

I appreciate the information.it is more informative forums
Old 05-03-2019, 08:19 AM
tjf
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a Lexol guy from way back. It's always performed well for me.
Old 05-05-2019, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been using Bentley Hide Food and it's been great. I just spilled my last remaining bit, however, and I can no longer find it. There used to be Connoly Hide Food, apparently, that then changed its name to Hide Care and some say it's not the same. Anyone else use some evolution of this product?
Thanks