Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Minor Paint Scratch - DIY or Send to Bodyshop

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minor Paint Scratch - DIY or Send to Bodyshop

So I was in a rush the other day parking into a super tight spot and accidentally scraped the side of my car. When I bought it, I also got a warranty that covered paint repairs but my local Audi shop said this is classified under collision damage, not paint damage so they can't fix it for me. Does anyone know the approximate cost for getting this fixed by a professional bodyshop? Or would I be able to fix this myself given that they're pretty minor scratches.

Old 04-06-2018, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Is that rust or yellow paint transfer?

As long as it's not rust, a decent detailer would make 90% of that go away, Jas.

Welcome aboard !!
Old 04-06-2018, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

It looks like you're missing paint in at least one spot and perhaps a minor crease in another.

Take it to a really good detail shop, one that has a good paintless dent guy and if there is a crease he might be able to get it out.

Once the panel is straight see how bad the damage to the paint is and see if he can touch up those spots.

Other wise you'll end up having someone paint the door and they will probably want to blend into the adjoining panels.....
Old 04-06-2018, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Is that rust or yellow paint transfer?

As long as it's not rust, a decent detailer would make 90% of that go away, Jas.

Welcome aboard !!
Hahaa it's paint transfer. Thank god!!
Old 04-06-2018, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by andrewmr
It looks like you're missing paint in at least one spot and perhaps a minor crease in another.

Take it to a really good detail shop, one that has a good paintless dent guy and if there is a crease he might be able to get it out.

Once the panel is straight see how bad the damage to the paint is and see if he can touch up those spots.

Other wise you'll end up having someone paint the door and they will probably want to blend into the adjoining panels.....
Lol ok you lost me at crease. Will have it taken to a shop to get it looked at. Thanks!