AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Auto Detailing Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/auto-detailing-discussion-31/)
-   -   Modesta BC-04 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/auto-detailing-discussion-31/modesta-bc-04-a-2970792/)

overrated 04-18-2019 06:52 AM

Modesta BC-04

Has anyone here had their Audi ceramic coated with Modesta? I am scheduled to have my Glacier White A5 coated with Modesta BC-04 next month, and wanted to know what your thoughts / experiences are.
Thanks.

uberwgn 04-18-2019 07:14 AM

Modesta is a mainstream and popular ceramic coating. It's supposed to be very good, good durability. I believe it's only for sale to pro shops, not a DIY.

overrated 05-26-2019 05:30 AM

Modesta BC-04

I had my A5 coated with Modesta BC-04 and I am thrilled with the results. The installer did a tremendous job and the finish is super glossy and hard. Looking forward to the long term benefits of this coating. Highly recommended!

Jsf721 05-26-2019 05:59 AM

Igl Kenzo is a fantastic product. Also a pro install. Where are you located.

overrated 05-26-2019 09:04 AM

Modesta BC-04

Wilmington NC. The installer, Manny Llanos, owner of Personal Touch detailing did a fantastic job of paint correction, prep and coating!

BoxerBoi76 06-18-2019 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by overrated (Post 25321794)
I had my A5 coated with Modesta BC-04 and I am thrilled with the results. The installer did a tremendous job and the finish is super glossy and hard. Looking forward to the long term benefits of this coating. Highly recommended!

I’m getting mine done soon. What’s the normal upkeep after a coating? I’m in Illinois and we’re having pollen hell right now and my brilliant black is more like puke yellow most of the time. 🤮

chicagoA6 06-19-2019 03:49 AM

I live in Chicago also and have a black A7 with CQuartz Pro coating. I use CarPro Reload to maintain the coating. Every month just spray on and wipe off following a wash

overrated 06-19-2019 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by BoxerBoi76 (Post 25332047)
I’m getting mine done soon. What’s the normal upkeep after a coating? I’m in Illinois and we’re having pollen hell right now and my brilliant black is more like puke yellow most of the time. 🤮

Follow the instructions that your installer recommends for your coating. Generally try to wash the car at least weekly using ph neutral soap and 2 bucket wash method, followed up by whatever spray conditioner the coating recommends. Try not to use automatic car washes. Dry your car using a blower if you can. Less direct touching will minimize scratches and swirls.

chicagoA6 06-19-2019 12:42 PM

I might have posted this a while back on a different thread and if so apologies for the duplicate.

This is a good video on maintaining a ceramic coasting

bob m 06-21-2019 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by chicagoA6 (Post 25332412)
I might have posted this a while back on a different thread and if so apologies for the duplicate.

This is a good video on maintaining a ceramic coasting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTZF1nHoAIg

This is an excellent video produced by a well established name in auto detailing - Esoteric Car Care and I have watched it a few times already prior. I'm a huge fan and I have bought plenty of products from Esoteric - most notably Kamikaze Coatings. In the next few weeks I will be using those coatings as well as their dedicated coating topper (called Overcoat). For me an admitted detailing enthusiast, besides the usual good washing tips, Todd's suggestions to use a dedicated maintenance product and not to apply a smattering of different detailers and waxes resonates with me. You have an excellent coating, why "hide" it with a lesser quality product. Speak to your installer for what they recommend.
I would also caution against bringing your car into the car wash places - even the better ones unless absolutely necessary. They use powerful chemicals and worn and dirty towels for drying. Using them your car will look cleaner, but will develop micro scratches.