AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Auto Detailing Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/auto-detailing-discussion-31/)
-   -   PAINT CORRECTION & PAINT PROTECTION (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/auto-detailing-discussion-31/paint-correction-paint-protection-2882649/)

LouisM27 04-29-2015 09:16 AM

PAINT CORRECTION & PAINT PROTECTION

Hello everyone,

I have recently been to couple of shops here in Chicago, IL to get estimates in regards to paint correction and paint protection. I have been quoted anywhere in the vicinity of $1,400 to $1,700 for the paint protection and a ceramic paint sealant (paint protection)

My question is???? Is it really worth it? Will my car really look that much better? is it a scam?

has anyone had the paint correction and paint protection done to their cars....

Thank you

Louis

Q5 Bob 04-30-2015 01:03 PM

Those prices seem on the high side. Although much of the pricing is based how much preparation (correction etc.) is needed before applying the coating. Also effecting the cost is the brand of coating be used and the normal rates charged by the shop. If you shop around, you might find a little lower price for the job. But as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

I've seen generally favorable reports from owners who have had a coating applied to their vehicle. What brand of coating is included with your estimates?

LouisM27 05-01-2015 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob (Post 24681693)
Those prices seem on the high side. Although much of the pricing is based how much preparation (correction etc.) is needed before applying the coating. Also effecting the cost is the brand of coating be used and the normal rates charged by the shop. If you shop around, you might find a little lower price for the job. But as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

I've seen generally favorable reports from owners who have had a coating applied to their vehicle. What brand of coating is included with your estimates?

Thank you for your input.

Showtime22 05-25-2015 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by LouisM27 (Post 24682115)
Thank you for your input.

For those prices, I will fly up to Chicago, detail your car, and put on one of the best nano coatings I have ever seen. 7 years protection, rock hard scratch protection, and self healing properties (if you put swirls or light scratches in the car, the Sun or a heat gun will heal them!)

Those prices are very high, although I charge $800-$1000 for the coating I use. But, like I said, it is significantly better than CQuartz Pro, Opticoat or any of the others Ive seen

LouisM27 06-01-2015 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Showtime22 (Post 24689871)
For those prices, I will fly up to Chicago, detail your car, and put on one of the best nano coatings I have ever seen. 7 years protection, rock hard scratch protection, and self healing properties (if you put swirls or light scratches in the car, the Sun or a heat gun will heal them!)

Those prices are very high, although I charge $800-$1000 for the coating I use. But, like I said, it is significantly better than CQuartz Pro, Opticoat or any of the others Ive seen

Thank you for the input.

I found someone else that does it for $1,100 for two stage of paint correction on the hood and trunk. One stage correction for the the rest of the car. he will then do a paint sealant using opticoat that you said its not as good?????

Showtime22 06-01-2015 04:43 PM

This is the stuff that I use:

It is the only coating I would ever put on my cars. I put it on my 2006 Mustang GT first (a dedicated show/track car) and just recently put it on my S5 Cabrio.

The problem with Opticoat, I believe, is that they require you to come back and get a "rejuvenator" every year in order to validate their warranty. Nanohide is done and thats that. There is no touch up.

If you wanted to cover my expenses (flight and one night hotel), I could do the paint correction and install the Nanohide for less than $1,100. Let me ask the owner of Nanohide tomorrow if they have an certified installers in Chicago.

LouisM27 06-13-2015 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Showtime22 (Post 24692068)
This is the stuff that I use:

Nanohide Nh-A7 Automotive Paint Sealant w/ Regenerative Properties - YouTube

Nanohide Nh-A7 Car Paint Sealant with Regenerative Properties - YouTube

It is the only coating I would ever put on my cars. I put it on my 2006 Mustang GT first (a dedicated show/track car) and just recently put it on my S5 Cabrio.

The problem with Opticoat, I believe, is that they require you to come back and get a "rejuvenator" every year in order to validate their warranty. Nanohide is done and thats that. There is no touch up.

If you wanted to cover my expenses (flight and one night hotel), I could do the paint correction and install the Nanohide for less than $1,100. Let me ask the owner of Nanohide tomorrow if they have an certified installers in Chicago.

Hi,

Thank you for the offer based on what you have sent. I would of love to have you work on my S8. Unfortunately I had them do the work.......

but I will save your info and for the future I can fly you here to Chicago.

Y888 07-05-2015 02:27 PM

I plan to go to Auto Detail Chicago in N. Elston for a full correction.Ill let you know of results.

AutoNuvo Boston 07-08-2015 09:40 AM

The best ceramic/glass coating out right now is 22PLE's Mistico Elemento.

Absolutely insane gloss and water sheeting properties, and 5 years longevity. It is a pro-only coating, our shop is one of 7 shops in the USA who install it.

I would recommend any 22PLE or C-Quartz product for glass coatings. Each installer will have one they prefer over another, but we do not push Opti Coat because we have seen longevity issues on cars from other shops, but do install Pro Plus if a customer asks for it.

LouisM27 07-17-2015 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Y888 (Post 24702690)
I plan to go to Auto Detail Chicago in N. Elston for a full correction.Ill let you know of results.

yes please let me know.

Thank you