PAINT CORRECTION & PAINT PROTECTION - Page 3 - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > General Car Discussion > Auto Detailing Discussion
Reload this Page > PAINT CORRECTION & PAINT PROTECTION
Notices
Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

PAINT CORRECTION & PAINT PROTECTION

Old 12-17-2017, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Nanohide! Not.

Had this product applied to my 16 Audi A6 allow wheels in Oct 16. Contrary to what the detailer said that this product would keep the wheels from staining, something permeated the Nanohide and stained my wheels. Would not recommend this product at all. So glad I only did thevwheels and not the whole car.
stick to something like Opti Pro instead.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Damn that's a crazy price :/
Old 01-11-2018, 10:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Old 01-12-2018, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The guy in the video, while I would agree with his comments about unnecessary new car dealer add-on pressures, his opinion of the benefits (or lack thereof) of Ceramic Pro is completely wrong. My almost 6 year experience with the product on my A6 would indicate he is completely way off base calling it a scam and the coating has made my car as shiny as when new, has eliminated the need for waxing and sheds dirt better than wax. This guy stands alone in the forest and in my opinion should be ignored.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven View Post
The guy in the video, while I would agree with his comments about unnecessary new car dealer add-on pressures, his opinion of the benefits (or lack thereof) of Ceramic Pro is completely wrong. My almost 6 year experience with the product on my A6 would indicate he is completely way off base calling it a scam and the coating has made my car as shiny as when new, has eliminated the need for waxing and sheds dirt better than wax. This guy stands alone in the forest and in my opinion should be ignored.
I couldn't agree more with you. While our Audi is traditional wax/sealant our Porsche is coated with CQuartz Pro. Its only been on 1 year, but in additional to the protection lasting its also makes the weekly wash of the car so much easier. However, Porsche dealer price on this was shockingly high so would encourage people to look for quality shops in their area to do it. I live in Chicago and used Lustr (Schaumburg). Outstanding work.

I didn't have the Audi coated because we are nearing trade time, but first place the new Audi is driven is to Lustr for a coating.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for reflecting on the video. Most likely, I will do 3 layer ceramic coating and add layers as needed. My S8 has PPS paint protection, but it's around 3 years old and full of tiny (can't feel on finger tips) scratches, thanks to our neighbours cat that sleeps on the bonnet. I'm looking at some ultrasonic cat repellent to fix the issue hahaha
I am sure ceramic coating works very good, and specially needed here in Dubai weather.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'd also add that not all coatings are created equal. Plenty of DIY coatings on the market today, but professional coatings are meant to last years. However, that is meaningless unless you have a quality application of the product. Our coating (CQuartz Pro) with professionally done and "baked" on with heat lamps.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

do you all know of a good place that does it for a reasonable price over in Seattle, WA or Vancouver, BC? Specifically looking for a good paint protector, from road rash and occasional debris...as well as making the car just look great
Old 01-17-2018, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Try this:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9459...rs-thread.html

Its from Rennlist (Porsche), but lists recommended and not-recommended installers around the country

Last edited by chicagoA6; 01-17-2018 at 04:47 PM.