Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Paint work: Audi body shop vs. Independant

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 06:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Paint work: Audi body shop vs. Independant

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this thread but my A4 has some rust around the edge of the right rear wheel well. I know the the corrosion warranty doesn't apply because the body panel isn't rusted through. My question to you fine people is, which is going to give me the best pain quality and color matching for my money, Audi or independent shop? My closest dealer actually has their own body and paint shop and they quoted me $400.00 out the door. I would think that the dealer would be best at matching my Goodwood green color since it is Audi's color formula; but could I expect equal quality from a respected auto body shop for less money?
Old 01-05-2011, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A84Nate
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this thread but my A4 has some rust around the edge of the right rear wheel well. I know the the corrosion warranty doesn't apply because the body panel isn't rusted through. My question to you fine people is, which is going to give me the best pain quality and color matching for my money, Audi or independent shop? My closest dealer actually has their own body and paint shop and they quoted me $400.00 out the door. I would think that the dealer would be best at matching my Goodwood green color since it is Audi's color formula; but could I expect equal quality from a respected auto body shop for less money?
You'll have to see what type of paint the independent shop uses as well as the workmanship. Dealership is normally a safe choice but I have seen some dealership work that is so-so....