AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Auto Detailing Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/auto-detailing-discussion-31/)
-   -   So this is what i m gonna do tomorrow, glaze polish then wax... (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/auto-detailing-discussion-31/so-what-i-m-gonna-do-tomorrow-glaze-polish-then-wax-2233723/)

DolphinAvant 09-20-2002 06:53 AM

So this is what i m gonna do tomorrow, glaze polish then wax...

glaze, then polish, then wax following TedK's
my car is 3 months old, i think i should do everything now? i did those diamond care thing or protection thing after i get it...should i do evreything or just wash the car and wax?

some questions
if i wanna wax few layers, do i let first layer to dry then buff them out and wax again and again?
or let it dry, then wax on it?

i gotta do some shopping later...

JohnLZ7W 09-20-2002 09:21 AM

Even if the car is fairly new you will be amazed how much better it looks

If you are following TedK's routine then you are already well on your way :) As far as the multiple wax layers it depends on the wax. I think both P21S and Blitz recommend waiting at least a day before applying another layer of wax, that may apply to all carnauba based waxes. So yeah, apply, buff off and then a few hours(preferably at least a day) do the whole thing again. If you drive it in between or it gets dusty you will of course need to wash it again first.

Ted K 09-20-2002 09:38 AM

You can do all three steps, it's fine. Don't know what you mean "Diamond thingy"? As for waxing...

leave at least 24 hours between coats of wax for it to set up and cure. Otherwise, your just wasting wax (i.e., the second layer will just buff off onto the towels).

DolphinAvant 09-20-2002 10:55 PM

help meeeee...I bought swirl remover instead of glaze...more...

i cant find 3m's imperial glaze
so i bought swirl remover (deep gloss cleaner/polish)

wonder if that will work #9 of meguiars that is...
plz tell me asap before i did anything anyone

i cant really follow ted's routine, coz i dont have those items....
now i got #26, high tech yellow wax(carnauba wax)
and 2 terry cloth...so for the #9, i do it in circular and wax is back and forth?

DolphinAvant 09-20-2002 10:58 PM

Can i drive it after i m done tho???

JohnLZ7W 09-20-2002 11:27 PM

Re: Can i drive it after i m done tho???

Before you do anything to the paint (wax, polish, whatever) it should be clean. So, if you drive it between waxings you will need to wash it again (prior to the second waxing).

DolphinAvant 09-21-2002 12:15 AM

not sure if those are really for polishj, but recommend by meguiars...

i will wash the car then apply that polish thing then buff them off, and use wax on it...and buff again
and wait for 24 hrs or drive it, and wash the car again before i wax it again...sounds good?

Ted K 09-21-2002 04:56 AM

Swirl remover is not glaze, and doesn't contain fillers, so I'd do it back and forth....

as for Meguiar's products, they're good, but don't really compare to P21S and Blitz, so try and order some stuff in the near future, it will come in a matter of days if you order from Larry Reynolds at Car Care Specialties.

Can't remember the Meguiar's numbers. Is #9 show car glaze??? Don't know if it has fillers, but if if has a heavy chemical smell, then it's similar to IHG and you can try it in circles, but as I'm not certain, I'd go back and forth.

Ted K 09-21-2002 04:58 AM

I sometimes will do two coats of wax back to back without washing...

provided, and this is a big proviso, the car is clean, I car dust it and go over the entire car with a micro fiber cloth and One Grand Show Off first. Then I'll rewax.

DolphinAvant 09-21-2002 08:38 AM

I think it is a polish, should i buy something to "prep" the car first...

i dont need clay bar right?

or i should i get show car glaze? then polish then wax?

i read site said scratchx will help prep it before waxing or polishing?

my car is altas gray, actually do i need polishing?

or i should use it on my mom's old green accord since its paint is so beaten up?