Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Wash/Detailing Advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wash/Detailing Advice

I'll be fully detailing my new A5 and I'm not sure which tire cleaner to use. I'm thinking of using either the Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish or CG Jet Seal as a sealant. For the wax I have some Surf City Garage Barrier Reef Carnuaba wax and I don't know if I should replace it for something else? Any advice on what has work for your car would be great.

PS. I'm trying to avoid ceramic coating for the time being.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Your wheels make a lot of heat from the brakes and the rubber. While carnauba has a relatively high flash point I don't think it could standup to that kind of heat. My bet is that it would just evaporate quickly.

Lately I've been using CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant on my wheels. Its a spray on (when wet) and rinse off. Link below.

https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-hydro2-lite1.html

While I like it...its still not the golden egg that makes washing my wheels easy. Simply makes it easier.

Would be curious if you find something better
Old 06-04-2018, 06:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chicagoA6
Your wheels make a lot of heat from the brakes and the rubber. While carnauba has a relatively high flash point I don't think it could standup to that kind of heat. My bet is that it would just evaporate quickly.

Lately I've been using CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant on my wheels. Its a spray on (when wet) and rinse off. Link below.

https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-hydro2-lite1.html

While I like it...its still not the golden egg that makes washing my wheels easy. Simply makes it easier.

Would be curious if you find something better
I got the Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish and applied it yesterday. It will be a few weeks until I truly see the results.

Thanks for the recommendation though, I'll probably add this to my garage as well as it seems even easier to apply than the former product, and the very least it would work great on the wheels if I like the Fast Finish.