Brakes Discussion Discussion forum regarding brake tuning, upgrades and questions

2015 A6 Quattro F/R Brake replacement recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 10:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 A6 Quattro F/R Brake replacement recommendations

Hello guys.

First post here, just found the forums, THANK GOD.

So here is the deal I just purchased a 2015 Audi A6 Quattro, Premium Plus. Let me say that it's an absolutely amazing car.

So I take my vehicle in for the 35k maintenance to Audi Boulder and was told that I need front and rear brakes along with the front and rear rotors...

The service was great, got to push a 2017 A6 3.0 Supercharged whip around for a couple days.

BUT I get a call from my service advisor telling me that it's gonna be $1400. Now let me state that I'm not A mechanic or have a whole bunch of knowledge on the technical parts of vehicles. So here are my questions:

1. If the break pads still have life left on them, albeit a small amount, And they haven't worn to the point where they're affecting the rotors why would I have to replace the rotors?

2. If the rotors are not severely damaged is it possible to just get them turnrd?

3. I was wondering if you guys had a recommendation for a good set of brakes for the front and a recommendation for just a standard set on the back Or since it's all wheel drive should I stay uniform with my brakes selection?

4. I have a local mechanic that works on imports so I wouldn't mind spending the money for nice set of brakes but $1400 seems high amirite?

After emailing the service advisor that I just wanted to put front pads on till next week when I could afford the whole thing he stated well we don't really like to do that we Like to do the whole replacement.....

Thank you for your time and I look forward to posting and getting more valuable information from the forms