Brakes Discussion Discussion forum regarding brake tuning, upgrades and questions

Has anyone found a place to buy ATE Super Blue Racing DOT 4 Brake Fluid

Old 04-24-2016, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone found a place to buy ATE Super Blue Racing DOT 4 Brake Fluid

My wife's 2008 A4 Quattro 2.0T was recently serviced at a Mavis Tire Store. They did the brakes on all four wheels, and although I did not specify the service, a brake fluid flush using the vacuum method to flush the lines was also done.

Ever since the service, the brakes have been spongy and continued firm pressure on the peddle will cause the peddle to slowly drop almost to the floor.

I was not pleased to learn that they did the fluid flush, and suspect that they admitted air into the system or someone pushed the peddle to the floor during the process, and damaged the master cylinder.

I'm ordering a new master cylinder and want to use BLUE brake fluid to pressure bleed the Mavis installed fluid and any air they got into the system out of the lines. I had alway used ATE Super Blue Racing DOT 4 Brake Fluid in the past, and am angered by the US "nanny state" decision to ban Super Blue from the US market.

I have looked high and low and all over the internet, but have had no luck finding any ATE Super Blue Racing DOT 4 Brake Fluid. Does anyone out there know where I can get some?

Or does anyone out there know what to use to dye ATE's replacement version blue?

Switching from ATE super Racing Blue to Gold and back again was a great way to ensure a complete brake system flush, and just because some stupid mechanic couldn't tell the difference between brake fluid and windshield washer fluid this stupid ban has been put into effect. Maybe better training or a little common sense would have been the right way to go, instead of doing what we always do in the US...treat the symptoms instead of the cause.

Thanks in advance for any useful advice on this issue.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default At least three...

Autohauz

Tire Rack

Bavarian Autosport
Old 05-03-2016, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Binsu, Advance Auto Parts has the correct Pentosin LV fluid for around $20/L.