"Club's role in Muskoka crash probed"

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never said parents fault. Its completely the kids fault.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default lol i did some stupid **** with my parent's car...

Somebody noticed me, called home, boy I thought my dad was gonna pound the crap out of me. My driving privileges were revoked for a month. Got reacquainted with the pedal bike!

So I just never bothered anymore after that as it was a small town and everybody knew everybody else.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:42 PM
davey991

Default Bottom line, he should not have been driving...

If it is the government who needs tougher action on bad drivers or parents lack of responsibility in raising children who knows.

My own personal opinion with all the facts and speculation known to date. It is my belief that the parents SHOULD have trouble sleeping at night knowing they could've and really should've done more.

They get a little sympathy from me and then I realize that this could have been avoided.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default The real story we want to hear is: did you ever find the stool and did you get even?

Burn his flower, deflate his tires, take pictures of him cheating on his wife? Details please!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The fact that the father assumes his kid was drunk shows he knew his kid was irresponsible.

Do you know these people personally?
Old 07-30-2008, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Funny how everyone here seems to think that the fault is with the kid/parents

which I 100% agree with, yet media and government are always quick to shift the blame elsewhere and enforce stupid laws that turn our society and us into dumbfounded fools. Are we (people on this board) that much different from the rest of Canadians? If not, then who the hell are these stupid laws meant for?
Old 07-30-2008, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Given that he's thinking in retrospect and that the general information out there

is that alcohol is a factor, I don't think you can conclude that on that night he knew that his kid was drunk, or that prior to the accident, he had a good reason to assume that his son would be driving drunk.

No, I don't know them. I just get defensive when the "holier than thou" come out of the woodwork.

The kid's record was not good, but, IIRC, this was his first (and last) drunk driving misjudgement. For all we know, his father may have beaten him with a stick for a month as punishment for his last transgression, and then the kid goes out and fcks up again.

If Tanner, after getting the beats from his parents and riding the bike for a month, and then on day 31 goes out and drinks and kills someone, how could you presume that his dad would have had any inkling that it could have happened? Would we label the dad as being irresponsible? Would we be blaming Tanner's dad for not making the punishment 60 days? And if Tanner did it on day 61, would a 90 day punishment have prevented it?

My kids are only 2 and almost 5, and I'm going to be as hard as possible on them to hopefully make them appreciate right from wrong. My dad did that to me...and so far, has been very successful at it. But I know that at points in my adolescence, I didn't listen and found ways to contravene and, if I f'd up and killed someone, it wouldn't have been my parents' fault.

Just saying.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I blame the laws. I am in no way responsible for the stupid **** that I do.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:53 PM

Default The sad fact is, once your kid becomes a teenager, your influence over him or her...

pales in comparison to that of his friends and peers. But still you do the best you can. Not every dead kid has bad parents.

The father doesn't appear to be blaming anyone. He just sounds like he wishes he'd had some help in preventing the tragedy, because as they say, you can't be with them all the time. He'll be playing the "if only" game the rest of his life.

The truth is, it was an accident fueled by alcohol. We've all had them in one form or another. Luckily, few of us were behind a steering wheel at the time.

Koz
Old 07-30-2008, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I am a parent of three children...

It takes a lot of work and perseverance to ensure they are responsible and know the consequences of their actions. Being popular with the children is not high on my list of needs but seeing them outlive me is.