"Known to police"?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 06:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Known to police"?

So this morning I "accidentally" almost cut in front of a cop...

Of course, I didn't intend to cut anybody off, it just so happened that the large space I thought I was moving into shrunk down to nothing very quickly before my eyes. So, instead of REALLY cutting the guy off in the lane next to me and being a total jerk, I stopped and put on my turn signal. I was unfortunately stuck in the "limbo spot" between the off-ramp and the rest of the highway (where the ghosts of unbaptized babies roam). However, I did have to hit the brakes and merge in front of a dump-truck rather quickly. Still a pretty aggressive move --but my choices were few due to earlier traffic reasons. Even NOT merging at that time would have been very dangerous... (Not my favorite scenario.)

The guy in the car next to me, whose lane I was signaling to move into, looked over at me and gave this, "What the **** are you doing, jerk?" look. (I pretended not to notice.)

Anyway, I park next to a police station, and I noticed this guy was following me the rest of the way to work... Turns out that, yup, he works at the police station. Bummer.

So, you think I am now "known to police"? Will I have a ticket waiting for me when I get back to my car this evening? (Should I move my car?)

And, more philosophically, am I a **** because Jeremy Clarkson said I am and therefore I became one, or was I before and I just didn't know until he called me one on television?
Old 01-23-2009, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he'll have forgotten about you by now...
Old 01-23-2009, 06:21 AM

yeah, prolly.....
Old 01-23-2009, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That entire "Audi owners are *****" theory is so full of ****. We will never be as bad as the BMW's
Old 01-23-2009, 06:26 AM

Ding ding ding...jackpot!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:31 AM

Default I agree completely, but... don't you feel yourself slowly turning into one?

I mean, I even have a bluetooth headset now!

(It's actually much safer for driving, but still.)
Old 01-23-2009, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Don't say that! Audi drivers will never be like that!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Problem is that a rising tide floats all boats. True, we will never be like BMW *****

but as they continue moving up the cockness meter, so will we. Hey, we don't want to be out-cocked by 350Z drivers, right?
Old 01-23-2009, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I find Infinity drivers climbing rapidly.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:40 AM

Default "...We will never be as bad as the BMW's..."

Driven a BMW for an extended period of time?

If you have, you probably would have noticed that OTHERS around you act like total arseholes...I presume simply out of jealousy or some crap like that.

BMW drivers are constantly given a hard time, such as being cut-off, tailgaited, not let-in to merge onto highways, picked-on by cops, etc., etc., etc.
That's how I'm always dealt with by others when driving the M3; when I drive the Allroad, otoh, people couldn't give a shiet about me. I might as well be driving a hearse!

Quick Reply: "Known to police"?