2011 S4 Premium trim pricing ? S4 or 335IS

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good wheel choice. Did you get the Milltek in Canada and is it resonated or non-resonated? I had considered it for my B6 S4 but the price and differing opinions on "drone" kept me back. Are you able to share pricing for yours including install?

I would consider a resonated one for my new S4 down the line depending on feedback from fellow S4 owners who make the move. For now I'll just enjoy stock so that I can appreciate the difference later!
Old 05-30-2011, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Absolute Traction
Good wheel choice. Did you get the Milltek in Canada and is it resonated or non-resonated? I had considered it for my B6 S4 but the price and differing opinions on "drone" kept me back. Are you able to share pricing for yours including install?

I would consider a resonated one for my new S4 down the line depending on feedback from fellow S4 owners who make the move. For now I'll just enjoy stock so that I can appreciate the difference later!
I have a resonated turboback and picked up both pieces gently used. The DP was from the NorthAmerican Motorsports (US) and the exhaust was from Marco at SEM Mototsports. I have no drone and frankly, the ONLY complaint I've ever heard about Milltek was that some feel they arent loud enough. This is my third Milltek ... had one on a B6 BT A4 and one on my RS4 (I really miss the wonderful sound and rec'd compliments weekly on that one).
Old 05-31-2011, 05:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevelev
I have a resonated turboback and picked up both pieces gently used. The DP was from the NorthAmerican Motorsports (US) and the exhaust was from Marco at SEM Mototsports. I have no drone and frankly, the ONLY complaint I've ever heard about Milltek was that some feel they arent loud enough. This is my third Milltek ... had one on a B6 BT A4 and one on my RS4 (I really miss the wonderful sound and rec'd compliments weekly on that one).
Thanks for the feedback. I may just drive down to the US at some point and get the exhaust work done there. I've heard the Milltek on an RS4 and it really is fantastic. As for the "not loud enough", that suits me just fine! I was considering buying a used RS4 instead of the S4 but the pricing in Canada is ridiculous, and apparently performance wise the new S4 can match up. I still love the sound and muscular stance of the RS4 though.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NP. Took the B8 S4 for a test drive and was very impressed with it. It definitely felt more nimble than the RS. The sound, high revving engine and wide body of the RS are tough to replace. I was fortunate to find the used bits with only a couple to 3 months use so keep your eyes peeled and perhaps you'll do the same.