Audifirst or anybody from Germany; very OT sorry about this

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audifirst or anybody from Germany; very OT sorry about this

To make a long story short; I'm planning to go live in Germany within a year max, met a girl (but it's not the only reason, it's sometihng I wanted for few years now)and yadi yadi yada... I was born in Poland (so I still have my Polish citizenship) and I'm living in Canada since 15yrs, working in bank environment (HSBC), I'm going to start German class in january and if I succeed, I'll gey a business certificate emmited by the Goethe Institut (if everything goes well I'll get it in a year) so I'll know English, French and Polish very well and have a least a good base in German. What I know so far is that I'm allowed to live and work anywhere in the EU as I have a Polish citizenship ; what I don't know and would like to know is how to sell my self to the employers, who can be interested in someone that have bank experience, have a passion for Audi and knows the four languages I know? Is there any people in Germany that helps people in my situation?

any tips or information will be greatly appretiated.

Mike
Old 01-02-2006, 11:42 AM

Banks are huge companies with diverse departments. What department do you work in?
Old 01-02-2006, 01:50 PM

Default I was born and lived almost all my life in Germany so ill give you my 2 cents,

You have to becareful over their those ppl that want to help you usually want some money and end up scamming you. The best way is I take it your girl has been living their a while so I am sure she can point out. I lived in Stutgart and if you are good at fixing cars especially Audis you can buy cheap blowen engine Audis[timing belt failaure} and fix them and take them to private open lots and earn quiet a bit of money. That said if you want to stay in the bank enviroment I dont see why not but they are going to be lookin for someone that speaks, writes and can communicate very well in German. My mom worked as a finacial advisor in Stutgart and the pay is not bad at all. Also you could to something in the Transalator field. There are so many oppurtunities over their its not even funny if you look hard enough I am sure you will find something suitable. Also welcome to the motherland of AUDIS = Well maintained vehicles at a fractions of the price compared to Canada and US. Good Luck! I am going back to visit my grandma in the summer cant wait!
Old 01-02-2006, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Audifirst or anybody from Germany; very OT sorry about this

Hey, it's 3:50 am over here.. and I can't sleep today, arrived from Canada.. the time change screws me up.. to answer your questions.. well
the best way to work in Europe, is to move temparary as student either in Germany or poland or other country or temparary live in POland and send CV to companies in europe
I was in the same situation like yourself, I was looking for Job in Europe while working in Canada.
Problem with that is most of the companies are avoiding hiring somebody from overseas like US/Canada unless they really do not find anybody in Europe for that job. Reason is reallocating costs from North America if they offer that, (some require to get working visa to have enough money in bank account to last up to 3 months of living costs) , working Visa which company need to provide you sometimes not,language barrier and some other misc costs , The first consideration are europeans citizens. I have as well Polish citizenship, and I am limited to few countries where I can work. I can live anywhere just makesure I am allow to work in that country.
The job I have right now I got it only because of my uncle which has his dealership here , and he got me 6 month working visa, I go every second day of weekday to school to learn german, plus I go to training offered by Audi HQ three times a month, plus I work for my uncle dealership and doing "beginners" job.. , and I still have problems with Germans, they will wait for me on the day of my visa will run out and makesure I am on the plane to Canada.. I have been applying for jobs here and I had and have few interviews waiting to be done.
Just to conclude there is one more option.
1. To apply for companies in Canada which are related to European companies . I have a friend that works for Siemens, and he flies to Germany on monthly basis for one/two/3 weeks at a time on business but out of that he gets a lot of time free for himself. you have much better chance to reallocate to europe
2. Come to school in Europe to learn language and while study apply for jobs, I have met few people here from US and Canada & australia who got jobs while studing here
3. move temparary to Poland and apply for jobs ,

the last two are the best options to get a job in Europe..

Good luck

if you want more info email me at audivwfirst@gmail.com
Old 01-04-2006, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

I work in the collection/legal ( Funding Dealerships for cars); I'm a Legal admin. for now