AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/canadian-discussion-43/)
-   -   can i get help with a quote A5 S5 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/canadian-discussion-43/can-i-get-help-quote-a5-s5-2849812/)

miker2013 06-27-2013 05:37 PM

can i get help with a quote A5 S5

Looking for a little advice from fellow Canadians

I am looking to close a deal on a new A5 or S5 next week... went into my local dealer today and test drove some cars... while I am not decided for sure which one I want, I am quite sure I am going to go with the S5 but haven't decided b/t the 6 sp manual or the 7 sp auto

anyway, what kind of a discount over list price can I reasonably get? I told him I was paying cash so he said he can give 1000$ off for that

anyway, assuming he can find the car I want in a 2013, how much more off of the list price can I get? obviously different dealers in different provinces can vary but I just want to have a general idea

the price on the S5 w/ $1000 discount was 60,450 before all taxes and pdi... this was for the 6 sp manual Quattro coupe w/ metallic paint

the price of the a5 w/ $1000 discount was 53,850 before taxes and pdi.... this is for the 6 sp manual Quattro w/ s line package, metallic paint, parking system w/rear view camera

any thoughts?

thanks

afretes 07-02-2013 03:26 AM

The discount you're being offered is ok, not great. Availability for both A5/S5 is extremely tight for 2013. A5 Sline Competition pkg is a good deal right now, some Tip available and only one manual left in all of Ontario. S5 is pretty much sold out.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

paTTsfan 08-05-2013 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by miker2013 (Post 24459756)
Looking for a little advice from fellow Canadians

I am looking to close a deal on a new A5 or S5 next week... went into my local dealer today and test drove some cars... while I am not decided for sure which one I want, I am quite sure I am going to go with the S5 but haven't decided b/t the 6 sp manual or the 7 sp auto

anyway, what kind of a discount over list price can I reasonably get? I told him I was paying cash so he said he can give 1000$ off for that

anyway, assuming he can find the car I want in a 2013, how much more off of the list price can I get? obviously different dealers in different provinces can vary but I just want to have a general idea

the price on the S5 w/ $1000 discount was 60,450 before all taxes and pdi... this was for the 6 sp manual Quattro coupe w/ metallic paint

the price of the a5 w/ $1000 discount was 53,850 before taxes and pdi.... this is for the 6 sp manual Quattro w/ s line package, metallic paint, parking system w/rear view camera

any thoughts?

thanks

The dealer might be able to give you another $1000 customer loyalty discount if you currently drive an Audi. We'll never get the same deals in Canada as in the US (dealer invoice plus 0 - $500), but you should be able to do better than a $1000 off with some negotiation.

innogen 12-09-2013 03:00 PM

I'm guessing you closed on the deal already. However, for others who might be interested, check out unhaggle.com or carcostcanada.com to get the dealer invoice. the mark-up on audi's is generally 9% and depending on the time of the year, promotions, demand etc you should be able to get a minimum of 3% off list. higher volume models you should be able to get 5-6% off list and of course, anything on the lot should be cheaper as it's stock and costs the dealership money every month it sits unsold.

qqq1970 06-08-2014 02:26 AM

$1,000 off list is a rip off. For this model range you should get $4,000 off. Carmagazine.com shows people getting $3,750 to $7,500 off A5, which may include factory promotions.