Got a summons to court driving under a suspended license

Old 03-28-2005, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, i've dropped most, only pay the fines if i cant make the court date
Old 03-28-2005, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default The cop would know if it were served or not!

He would receive the info from his computer whether or not you were served and to whom it was served on - someone had to sign for it to be served!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default No, I actually signed something at his cop car the same time I got the ticket,

that says that I am aware that I have been served.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I don't think you understand

The ministry is not required by law to send notices by registered mail any more. They send them by regular mail after they've send a notice of conviction in absentia with a date the fine is due by. If you don't get either one, you still knew you had a ticket, didn't pay it, so you're "I didn't get served" angle is no longer defendable.

I could see one or the other getting lost in the system, but the chance of both going astray is pretty low.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Re: really? care to elaborate more on how you were able to get rid of the

I had a tckt that I had forgotten anout. They suspended my liscence and never notified me. Move forward to a couple of months later and I'm on my way to work @10pm. Get on the 417 and signal to merg over to the fast lane. A car comes flyinf up on my ask and tails me about two feet from my bumper. I speed up to 120 and it speeds up. I slow down and signal to change lanes and let him by and the car follows me tailing. I Signal and go back into the fast lane and it pulls up paralell to me and I see its a silver impala with blacked out windows. just drives next to me. I mean Right next to me. SO this litle game continues for about 10 km. Finaly pulls me over for speading. Makes me sign a form stating that I am notified at that moment ( by signing that the suspension as far as the province is concerned is at that moment. Before I signed I never new). That is the way the judge interpted it. Any way the Scumbag and his partner couldne't agree on the facts. I filed for disclose but the crown never gave me the notes until they called the case. Judge sided with the cops. I got a speeding ckt that was upheld with... get this an illigal lane change. Ex copper and those couldn't promise anything so I thought I wouldn waste my money. 3 points. My insurance agent is pretty cool. He said that they would only know if I told them. HEHEHE.