Hit Raccoon, Now Car struggles to start!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit Raccoon, Now Car struggles to start!!!

Hello people,

Last week on Wednesday i got my koni c/o installed and lowered my Audi A4 1.8tqt APR 93(sorry no pics yet), but anyways i was following someone and they went over a dead raccoon on the road, his car went right over it while mine smashed over it due to height of course. I was pissed, when this happened because it was too late for me to dodge it. Anyways i kept driving and after awhile i started to notice a scrapping sound coming from the front of the car, @ first i thought i was draggin this raccoon then got out of the car to notice it was just my belly pan which was smashed . I tried to put back up but it wasnt cooperating so i ripped it off. After this i continued to a carwash to clean off blood and such, it was a touchless carwash with a under-body/rust inhibitor(bad news). After I then cont' to my destination and turned my car off. When i came back to start it, my car struggled to start, after a few cranks it turned over and i thought my plugs were going. The next day i went to another car wash with same under-spray and went home right after and turned car off again i left it for 15 min and came back to car and it didnt start again, after like 7 times car turned over and then everything was reset(radio locked, windows not one touch, etc), but the car seemed faster and was boosting like crzy i could hear turbo spooling in 5th gear which i never really did hear b4. Anyways after all this i vag'd car and came up with:

01206 - Signal for Duration of Ignition Off Time
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

i searched the net(ie AW, Audizine, Google, Wiki vag, Bentley) and couldnt find why water would do this and why my car ended up being or feeling faster. Could someone tell me wat water would do to a running engine and why car seems faster?

As well if this is my ignition coil why does it seem like battery is dying when im turnin it over?

Durin my investigation i also noticed that my Xenon lights were set @ 00012 but the list didnt have this as an option it actually skipped 12 all together and went to 13. Is this setting right? or should i set it to correct setting

Should i also do a throttle body since car reset?

Thnx in advance
Old 08-06-2007, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The starting issues, electrical related are probably due to a soaked alternator from no belly pan
Old 08-06-2007, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: The starting issues, electrical related are probably due to a soaked alternator from no belly pa

SO then how do i fix
Old 08-06-2007, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I've never had a belly pan for 2 years now and have never had this issue.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:03 PM

4 yrs
Old 08-06-2007, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Time for a BBQ

RACCOON ROAST WITH BARBECUE SAUCE

1 small to medium raccoon

cut into serving size pieces
1/2 tsp. salt
1 teaspoon instant minced onion
3 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 cup chili sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 ( 7 oz.) bottle of beer or pickle juice Place pieces of raccoon in a foil-lined roasting pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and roast, covered for a half hour. Meanwhile, mix other ingredients in a small bowl for barbecue sauce. After meat has roasted a half hour, uncover and pour barbecue sauce over the pieces. Then roast, uncovered, for another half hour to an hour--until tender. Baste several times during cooking, using your barbecue sauce.

Raccoon meat is very dark and when the coon's food is abundant, the body is covered with a thick layer of fat that has an exceptionally strong flavor and odor. This fat also extends in layers between strong bands of muscle. It should always be removed along with the scent glands. Unless these glands are removed, the meat will have a tainted flavor. The scent glands are located under the forelegs and along the spine in the small of the back. They are usually pea-shaped, have a waxy texture, and range from a reddish to a light yellow color. Care should be taken when removing the glands to never cut into them or bring them in contact with the flesh. Those most experienced in the cooking of coon recommend parboiling it first. Some also add a tablespoon each of baking soda and black pepper to the parboiling water to remove the strong gamey flavor.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

mmmmmmmmmmmm....yummy. Is that your family's secret recipe?