AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/canadian-discussion-43/)
-   -   Importing a used Audi from USA - balance of factory warranty OK? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/canadian-discussion-43/importing-used-audi-usa-balance-factory-warranty-ok-2802517/)

Maxxx 03-20-2011 08:37 PM

Importing a used Audi from USA - balance of factory warranty OK?

Hey guys, anyone have knowledge/experience with getting work done under warranty on a used USA audi imported into Canada? e.g. 2010 A4 with 30,000 miles would have 20,000 miles left on the factory warranty. If, for example, a front drivaxle or waterpump or seat heating element goes, is there any problem getting it replaced under warranty at a Canadian Audi dealer? Any deductable has to be paid? TIA

aqua70 03-22-2011 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Maxxx (Post 24119400)
Hey guys, anyone have knowledge/experience with getting work done under warranty on a used USA audi imported into Canada? e.g. 2010 A4 with 30,000 miles would have 20,000 miles left on the factory warranty. If, for example, a front drivaxle or waterpump or seat heating element goes, is there any problem getting it replaced under warranty at a Canadian Audi dealer? Any deductable has to be paid? TIA

Yes I have looked into the same and went to the dealer and asked if any recalls would be fullfilled and warrany work done. And yes on both accounts. One car was a 2003 RS6 with only 10,000kms on it and the DRC would still be replaced. Another is a 2008 S8 and yes full warranty would be offered. Also depends on your dealer and past history.
Question why a A4 when you can find a list of S4 in the south at auction for similar money. Let me know and I can put you in touch with someone.
Greg

BC_MKV 04-05-2011 11:52 PM

When I brought my VW GTI across the border the factory warranty remained.

Like aqua70 said you should be covered. To make sure, just call the local dealer you´d be having the work done, they´ll tell you everything you need to know!

Dr. Bombay 08-09-2011 10:04 PM

I just had some warranty work done on my 2008 A6, which I had imported last month. I had no issues with the dealer.