You guys in Ontario are so lucky...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have an agreement with my insurance company...

I pay them a certain amount each month, and in turn, they've agreed to cover me in case of an accident. It's between me, and them. Fantino can f off.

I don't want to have to worry that a moment of inattention could be interpreted by police as something more sinister, and put me in the poor house. I don't want to have to go to court to defend myself either. I have enough stress in my life, and lawyers aren't cheep.

Koz.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:00 AM

Default Another crapshoot law to take away our rights .............

There seems to be a common thread with the current laws that are being passed, vague and open ended so that the police have no issue with burden of proof. Fantino's a jerk, why doesnt he look at passing laws for real criminals. That may prove to be too difficult. Fantino appears to be very concerned with increasing the tax base and revenue so he may hire more police officers to sit on the side of the major highways impeding traffic flow.......the only safe speed is 0 speed. Till then people will continue to crash. Why doesn't he start with a snow tire law, I bet this would have greater impact.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You have insurance because the law says you have to.

And what the cops say happened in an accident has a great impact on how you're treated by your ins. co. So Fantino is right in there, like it or not.

I don't disagree with you, but if you wrap yourself around a telephone pole going 140 on summer tires in a blizzard, I don't have a problem with what they are proposing.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:47 PM

Default Insurance is there to cover you if you make a mistake (among other things)...

Sure your insurance co. can jack up your rates afterward, maybe even cancel your policy. The police may fine you, take away your license, even send you to jail. That's a lot of things to deal with. But if you've paid your insurance, financially, you should be covered. That's why you pay your premiums.

This whole argument is moot. If this is passed into law, the insurance companies will just offer an addition to their policies to cover you for it. What will the government do? Pass legislation saying that insurance companies can no longer cover something they've been covering since the beginning of car insurance. I doubt they have the authority. So, the only effect this stupidity will have, is to raise everyone's insurance rates. Thank you Mr. Fantino.

Koz.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Of course the cops want everything easy to prove because we can always trust them to serve and

protect. They never get the case wrong and they certainly know the law.

This is typical of our modern world where noisy people get what they think they want and the rest of us just get stuck with stupid laws.

Wait until all cars have GPS black boxes that phone in your speeding data to a central police station in which a computer automatically sends you a ticket and shuts off your engine.