Audi Maintenance Needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Maintenance Needed

Has anyone had any dealings with any of the Chicagoland Audi Dealerships?

I need to bring in my car for the Audi 55,000 mile service and want it to be done by a good crew.

I've called a few and got some prices and a feel for what the Service Tech on the phone knew.

Orland Park Audi -> $830
Laurel Audi -> $824.78
Schaumburg Audi-> $762.37

Obviously Im looking at bringing it to the Schaumburg Dealership from looking at the pricing but the Tech on the phone sounded like he was about to shoot himself.

In anycase if anyone has had any dealings with any chicagoland Audi dealership I'd like to hear your input or thoughts on the matter.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am only on my first Audi (bought used) so I don't have a strong history with Audi's . I service mine at Continental Audi in Naperville. The tech's are great, and they explain things to me when I ask. They have good hours as well. I recently had my 55k done. It was bought though as a package CPO deal with my car so I have no idea what it would cost out of pocket.

Good luck
Old 03-21-2010, 07:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Chicago Dealers

Do not take your vehicle to Laurel Audi. I had a very bad experience with them whereby the technician broke a component in my vehicle and they did not accept responsibility and I was shouldered with the additional cost to replace and repair their screw-up. When they run a scan using diagnostic equipment they only run specific module and charge you 130.00 each time when in fact the scan should run and can run all modules. If your vehicle then has another issue they will charge you for another scan and you will see all of a sudden another issue that they recommend needs immediate attention. I had a tow truck come and get my vehicle and took it some where else where it was fixed without issue or uncovering mulitiple issues that did not exist until my vehicle showed up on their step. I have vag software and I am quite aware of what codes my vehicle has or does not have when I take it in for maintenance. Also take pictures of your vehicle with it running and with dash indications shown such as no MIL, lights, miles, date etc, also body. This way when it is returned and is not in the condition it was turned in you will have needed ammo to get resolution. I now take photos of my vehicle before I turn it in and will drop by and ask to see the progess thanks to crooks at Laurel Audi!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by killerwatts; 03-21-2010 at 07:37 AM. Reason: word correction
Old 03-26-2010, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NVThs1
I service mine at Continental Audi in Naperville.
+1 on Continenetal Audi in Naperville. I've had good experience with them - very helpful techs.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by killerwatts
Do not take your vehicle to Laurel Audi. I had a very bad experience with them whereby the technician broke a component in my vehicle and they did not accept responsibility and I was shouldered with the additional cost to replace and repair their screw-up. When they run a scan using diagnostic equipment they only run specific module and charge you 130.00 each time when in fact the scan should run and can run all modules. If your vehicle then has another issue they will charge you for another scan and you will see all of a sudden another issue that they recommend needs immediate attention. I had a tow truck come and get my vehicle and took it some where else where it was fixed without issue or uncovering mulitiple issues that did not exist until my vehicle showed up on their step. I have vag software and I am quite aware of what codes my vehicle has or does not have when I take it in for maintenance. Also take pictures of your vehicle with it running and with dash indications shown such as no MIL, lights, miles, date etc, also body. This way when it is returned and is not in the condition it was turned in you will have needed ammo to get resolution. I now take photos of my vehicle before I turn it in and will drop by and ask to see the progess thanks to crooks at Laurel Audi!!!!!!!!!
Dude, who was your service writer?? I've had nothing but awesome service from them over the years and they've gone above and beyond for me several times. I've had tires fixed for free and they pulled the radio code for nothing when I bought my last Audi. I can call my writer and get pricing, codes, etc when needed. Sounds like no matter what dealership it just depends on the luck of the draw with who you end up getting to help you. It's always frustrating being a consumer
Old 04-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Fear the Miata!

depending on where you're at lots of places to bring it....chicago performance and tuning in melrose park, vfc engineering in the city....unfortunetly the dealer service in this area has gotten worse over the last few years....
Old 04-11-2010, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I purchased my A4 from Fletcher Jones downtown and have had a couple of services there already. The techs there are really friendly and have done a great job for me.

While I don't have any experience with the service guys at Laurel, I did visit them when I was car hunting. The sales people I dealt with there were unhelpful to say the least and came across as very arrogant (just one data point, may be the guys were having a bad day) so if that's anything to go by then I'd avoid them.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

[QUOTE=Dispersion;23956897]I purchased my A4 from Fletcher Jones downtown and have had a couple of services there already. The techs there are really friendly and have done a great job for me.

Is that Fletcher Jones Audi? The reason I ask is I bought an Infiniti from Fletcher Jones Infiniti which is Gold Coast Infiniti now. I heard they are owned by Luxury Motors and I can't stand them at all. Had a horrible buying experience.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just got my car back from Service.... :-/

I was told I needed my radio update to version 10 from 5 that I have in order to fix the radio from going full blast or mute on cold startups all for $625. Now can someone tell me what version 10 is!? I thought MMI software was 3360 or 4160?

Also $540 to fix my trunk hinges which are binding and not allowing the trunk to close fully using the auto-close button.

They also quoted me $570 to change out the battery and over 2Gs for a new sunroof.

Anyone care to chime in and share there 2 cents?
Old 04-22-2010, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Out of curiosity, what model/year do you have? Sounds like the factory warranty is gone, but did you buy it new and not CPO? I bought my 04 a6 as a CPO and I bought the maintanance packages up to the 75k check. It was all prepaid and I am done. I have during my 3 years with this car, replaced both front CV boots at my dime. Not covered on CPO which was a bummer, but the dealership worked with me with some friendly discounts.

$570 to change a battery????? Again I don't know what car you had, buy my battery died in my first year and for $100 I had the guy at Auto zone even change it in the parking lot. Of course the kid tells me it was the higher end battery and my car needed it. It came with free roadside, so I took it.

Not sure on any of the radio stuff. I just took out the factory for a Pioneer all in one and I have my own issues now. $2k for a sunroof? What is wrong with the current one?

Quick Reply: Audi Maintenance Needed