Driver performance class at the Autobahn Car Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Driver performance class at the Autobahn Car Club

Continental Audi is hosting an event at the ACC in Joliet IL. If you are not a memeber, for $150 you get a three hour event. It includes a meal, some race coaching from the staff, and on course racing. When I set my day up with the staff at ACC, they sounded like they could use some more bookings, so I thought I would let the local Audi community know about it. I am going this Thursday for the 1:30pm time. There are only 5 days (including this week left in the year). They cap the class at 14and as of Friday last week, they had 3 (including me).

This might be basic for some of you members, but it could be fun. I for one am not sure if or when I could ever be a member of the ACC, so this is a chance to check it out and learn how to better race my Audi. By the way, you have to own an Audi. If you might be interested you can either contact Continental Audi in Naperville, or I can send you the form to fill out with available days. Just e-mail me mperkins78@sbcglobal.net Maybe I can meet some members at the same time of this forum
Old 06-15-2010, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, you won't really be doing any "racing"

But you will get a chance to drive your car briskly on a race track. The program at Autobahn Country Club will be a good "taste". If you want more of a meal, immerse yourself in a 2-day Driving School with the Audi Club at Blackhawk Farm Raceway next weekend. We still have a few openings but you'll get a chance to meet with around a hundred Audi Enthusiasts and meet a few pro drivers. Or do both - but the Blackhawk event is special.

More info here: http://www.audichicago.org/eventDetail.php?id=237

Or send me an e-mail if you have questions.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are right. I did not word that correctly. They do not let you just get on the course and try to pass other Audi owners. That could be an expensive demolition derby. However, as someone who does not visit tracks much or race my daily driver, it was fun to stretch it legs a little with going around the tracks. We only got up to 85-90mph which I see often on the highway, but on a track it is pretty neat.

The course you are talking about sounds awesome. Nothing I can commit to now, but maybe one day. Are you a member of the Chicago chapter of the Audi club? I might look into joining as I gained more appreciation for my car yesterday.

I reccomend the event I attended to new owners, and those who might never have gone to a track in their life. It is just some fun little tests for your car if you have never really tried to have fun with the car. If you get lucky and get weather like I had, it just adds to a fun day not in the office. I also got a visor hat for the golf course, so win win for me.