May be time to part with Stg. 3+ TT for an Exige! (X Post from TT forum)

Old 07-10-2008, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May be time to part with Stg. 3+ TT for an Exige! (X Post from TT forum)

It's been a great run but I think it's time to part with the TT. Still not 100% confident on the move but I'd like to pick up a Lotus Exige and would feel a lot better if the TT went to a good home.

Recent history:
July of `07 the motor let go and, as we dropped in the new motor, I upgraded to the APR Stage 3+ kit. Started with a new OEM motor, pulled the rods and replaced them with Pauter billet riffle drilled rods, replaced the clutch with a South Bend and upgraded the oil cooler to a dual tandem oil cooler set-up where the side mount intercoolers were at that time.
The new motor and kit have about 3,000 miles on them. The car has been an absolute blast on the street but has been inconsistent on the track (GRD & APR are confident we've got it sorted out as the reoccurring issue has been resolved but as I got frustrated with the car I started wrapping my brain around the idea of a Lotus and now I can't shake it). Many here know the car and it's been dialed in far better than most would ever need for street use.
Although it's a 2001 with 53,000 miles, it didn't go into service until August of 2002, which means it is still CPO'd until mid next month (maybe the last remaining 2001 CPO TT!). The car was purchased from and dealer service provided by Continental Audi of Naperville (630) 388-1000. CPT (708) 343-8677 & GRD (630) 834-5600, know the car well and have maintained it most of it's life for mods and issues beyond the dealer stuff.
Mods include:
APR Stg 3+ kit (reprogrammed to 20lb's boost for longevity vs. std. 25 lb's)
APR Exhaust
StopTech 328mm brakes (new rotor rings just installed last month)
Brake ducts
KW V3 coilovers
Ground Control front camber plates
CPT rear camber adjustable arm
Evo heat shield
Dual tandem oil coolers
Pauter billet riffle drilled rods
NeuSpeed 25mm front and rear sway bars
DEFCON 1 bushings
Upgraded engine mounts and dogbone
Boost and Oil temp gauges
3 sets of wheels: OEM fat fives, Ronal EuroStar & Flik's (the OEM's may be taken)
Smoked sidelights
3.2 rear valance

Also in it now are:
Recaro seats
6 point harnesses
6 point rear rollbar/cage
I'm planning to pull the 3 above items as most folks on the street won't need/want them. Interior will be restored to stock. I also have the original suspension and brakes.

The cost to put the car back together after last summer's issue was about $18,000 but I can't get too focused on that. KBB & Edmunds price the car out between $11,800 - $14,000. If we called it $13,000 and add the price of just the APR kit and rods (not the labor to install) we're at $21,000, I think that would be a really fair price for someone who would appreciate how well the car is set up. You get an upgraded motor and clutch with about 3,000 miles on them plus all the other mods to go with it.

If any of you know of someone who might be interested please pass on the info. I'll still have the S6 and an A3 and will continue to be active with many club events regardless as to how things play out with the TT. Hopefully I'll have the chance to catch up soon sporting my new (to me) Lotus!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Fear the Miata!

sorry to see it go , but understandable
Old 07-10-2008, 01:41 PM

Default muahahahahaha

Well, actually, I'm sorry to hear it. But you'll be happy with the Exige (or will it be an Exige S?). Of course it goes without saying that Audiworld >> elisetalk.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default No S, I think I'm done with forced air for a while...

Never visited Elisetalk, I'll have to check it out, thanks.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

That's a LOT of car for the dough. Don't forget the autographs...
Old 07-10-2008, 05:10 PM

Damn...
Old 07-10-2008, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OMG, that's a killer price for all the work you've done. And I can attest to it being dialed in

for the track. When I last drove it, your car was so nicely balanced on the track. Exige will make a nice replacement though (assuming I can't talk you into the dark side.)

Sorry I missed your call yesterday. Never got to return it today either... just another crazy day at work.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:10 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I think you'll enjoy the Lotus a lot.

Wish you'd done this a year ago, you could have bought mine!
Old 07-11-2008, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Believe me. I wish I'd done it a year ago too!

Consistantly a step ahead of me, beat me to a TT, beat me to a Lotus. Just let me know when you're selling (although I'll probably have to take a pass on the Lambo's and Austin Martins...)
Old 07-11-2008, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Maybe if I get the new GT3 I'll find an AW home for my 997 GT3...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: May be time to part with Stg. 3+ TT for an Exige! (X Post from TT forum)