New A5 owner with awesome experiences thus far!

Old 04-03-2011, 11:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New A5 owner with awesome experiences thus far!

Have been lurking for awhile doing some research on the A5 and finally made my purchase, so I'm ready to join the Audi community and hopefully meet some of you guys in the near future. Ended up with an new A5 that I'm absolutely loving so far. I came from the BMW world can honestly say, I'm hooked on Audi! From the overall characteristics and quality of the car to the dealership experience. I could go on about how much I'm enjoying my new car, but I also wanted to share my positive experience with the McGrath dealership. I turned to recommendations on the BMW forums when buying my 328 and that helped immensely, so hopefully my post can help someone else in saving time and headaches.

I tried out all the dealerships in the area and ended up with poorly informed and unenthusiastic sales people at nearly every location. Being an enthusiast myself, I wanted to find something who at least knew their product well. I ended up with Juan Montoya at McGrath in Glenview and couldn't be happier. Apparently he just started about a week ago, but it definitely doesn't show. From start to finish he was extremely laid back, not pushy, and very informative. Even after I had spent nearly two hours deciding on a car, we spent just as much time talking about cars in general and the new R18. It's refreshing to find a salesperson who actually works with you, not against you while making the whole experience fun and exciting. Overall I can't say enough good things so far about Audi. I've read a few horror stories about McGrath's service department so I'm hoping I don't share a similar fate. Judging by my sales experience, I don't see that being the case.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and share a positive experience in a world of generally terrible experiences. Are there any meets coming up by chance?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome aboard. I too came from BMW once upon a time. After having the AC rebuilt twice and a few other problems here and there (thankfully all under CPO) I decided I didn't want to see what a 530 cost out of warranty. So I dumped it for my A6 c5 platform. I too am in love with the brand. I have a few unfortunate repairs (CV boots) not covered under CPO, but oh well. I like driving again.

I am rather new to the site as well, but wouldn't mind a meet sometime. I have only met one member who was very helpful with his vag-com when I needed it.