AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Chicago Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/chicago-discussion-16/)
-   -   wow, BMW CPO isn't even close to Audi Certified (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/chicago-discussion-16/wow-bmw-cpo-isnt-even-close-audi-certified-2032226/)

allroad'Ed now 09-26-2008 01:14 PM

wow, BMW CPO isn't even close to Audi Certified

I often thought that Audi's certified used coverage was lacking in that they don't cover a lot of the "wear and tear" parts like cv boots. But picked up the X5 last night and almost fell on the floor. Car is 1 month and 500 miles out of warranty and was given a hard time for the fact that these things weren't covered under BMW's certified program, but they were going to be nice and goodwill them:
Front sway bar bushings (both trash so clearly didn't go bad in the past 500 miles)
Front thrust rods (though they didn't replace them anyway and they still make noise, and I've complained about the noise since April)
Nav screen that has been brown for 2 months
Rear brake light housing
Torn shifter boot (they tore it when the car was in for the last service)

So what did the CPO cover? Nada. So BMW covers routine service within 4/50 while Audi doesn't anymore, but they make up for it by not covering repairs after the 4/50 but when still in 6/100

Here's the kicker- I'm out of warranty my 4 weeks, but it took 2.5 weeks to get an appointment because they were all booked up.

Press 09-26-2008 01:44 PM

that suxs

ourroad 09-26-2008 03:22 PM

That was one of the reasons I got rid of my M5

The OEM rear sway bar brackets were a known week item and they were not covered under CPO. The final straw was a faulty check engine light that they said was corrected with a software update to the computer, but of course that was not covered by CPO either. At least the 4 different cam position sensors that failed every 6 months were.

The Turtle 09-26-2008 03:34 PM

ouch, that blows

DaveyKid 09-26-2008 04:49 PM

Although a few years old now, you should have read Karl Pfleger's BMW X5 page. I couldn't get rid

of my POS X5 fast enough. The dealership makes you feel like you're doing them a favor, they disputed everything including warranted items and like you said, it took forever to get in to see them.

You'll love this; I never even took possession of my truck and had to have them activate the rear side airbags. No biggie. Signed the waiver, they plugged them in and before I even set foot in my truck I noticed the left rear wood trim was scratched and chipped. I pointed it out to my salesman who was walking us through the car and to the service manager, they wrote it up, and ordered me a new one with apologies. Obviously the tech scratched it or dropped it when activating the rear left door airbag. So it takes about 6 weeks to come in, I have to set an appointment and leave it there all day. When I come back at the end of the day they charged me $450 to replace it. $250 for the part and like $200 in labor. Now, 6 weeks later no one at the dealership can recall agreeing to pay for it and they will not release the truck to me without me paying for it. They ask the tech and he denies ever damaging it so it's my word against his.

It got ugly one late night at River Shannon when Joe Perillo II walked in with two completely trashy chicks demanding a bottle of the bar's finest champagne at about 1 am. (River Shannon? Champagne? Get real). I had way too much to drink (nah, me?) and had a whole lot of fun with him. Surprised I didn't get arrested but I had home court advantage. :)<ul><li><a href="http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~kpfleger/auto/X5_problems.html">Click</a></li></ul>

santorin claus 09-26-2008 07:04 PM

Ouch. I've heard multiple horror stories about that dealership.

allroad'Ed now 09-27-2008 03:30 AM

Yup same dealer. Every repair has required 2 visits to get it right. Wish Russ

worked on BMWs, and Robin was my advisor again.

gription 09-27-2008 03:47 AM

Experiences like that really do make you appreciate our fine sponsor dealer.

I gladly go out of my way to Continental for service.

And after reading this thread, I'll take the X5 off my tow vehicle checklist, thank you.

PlainRuss 09-27-2008 07:51 AM

I really just want to work on go karts.

PlainRuss 09-27-2008 08:04 AM

FYI on the scheduled maintnance with Audi.

On a new car, the first one is free. If you did not purchase the service package then you are on your own from there. But really the price of the service package is much cheaper than if you paid as you went in the long run, plus since you have documentation of your services it helps if there is a warranty issue down the road.
I have a buddy who is a master tech for BMW and he was thinking BMW may be dropping their included service plan. Either way, the sign of the times is everyone is tightening their belts and it sucks on all fronts. The less things that are covered means less repairs I can make and get paid for. It's lost revenue for everyone and in the long run pisses customers off as well. An Audi or BMW dealer don't decide what is covered or not, that is AoA or BMWoA or whatever they are called makes that decision. The only thing I can say is there are good and bad ways of handling things like that. Sucks about your experience though. I'd personally replace that thing with an R8. =)