Events Discussion Discussion forum for Audi events, shows and happenings

Caravan to Thunderhill?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2000, 03:27 PM
Dank

Default Caravan to Thunderhill?

Is there going to be a Friday caravan up to Thunderhill from the Bay Area? (By Friday, I mean people not going to the instructor class on Friday). I imagine there are a bunch around. Maybe a meeting place somewhere near Berkeley/Oakland, since probably everyone will be going through there on the way to 5. Anyone know a good meet spot around there? Audiboy?
Old 01-09-2000, 07:18 PM
Steve S.

Default I am leaving at 11am from Fremont...if anyone wants to join me....

I gotta drive a long route though...to make sure I have 1,000 miles on the S4 before I get there.
I want to go to the track before they are done on Friday...to take pics. Can anyone else leave that early? If so email me....

Dan, I don't think Audiboy is gonna make it....I think he said he was gonna be called to Malaysia for a extended business trip....

StanJ/BobB/Mark Franklin/ChristineS/CoreyS/SharonL/and probably a few others that I cannot recall right now...will be leaving from the South Bay area sometime on Friday.

BTW, my route is 880 freeway from Fremont to San Leandro....East on 580 over thru Castro Valley...
North on 680 at San Ramon/Pleasanton.....thru Walnut Creek/Concord....over the Benecia bridge....to 80 Eastbound (at Fairfield)....east on 80 until you hit 505 North....go up 505 until it hits I5....up I5 to Willows.

Let me know.

Steve S.
Old 01-10-2000, 10:25 AM
Rich L.

Default How about anybody coming down from Eugene/Salem/Portland? (nt)

nt
Old 01-10-2000, 06:56 PM
Christine S

Default Yup, leaving Friday also (dunno what time...)....

HI I'M BACK!
Whew, long days and nights at the new job here.
No surf time.
I'm registered Sat/Sun, glad to see (thanks Stan J) that we can run the full track both days. I have a couple of Oz (Australian) friends here at the new work that want to come up & ride along- told em YES if they could borrow helmets somehow. I've been promoted to group #2 so I assume I can now take passengers rather than always instructors. Mark F/ Gregg F are both in the instructor clinic on Friday, so they're heading up Thurs night.
I work in South San Fran, so I'll be leaving via Bay Bridge that day. If you can find a rendezvous point along the 580, I can stop to meet y'all there. Don't know what time I'm out yet, but I want to make the driver's meeting/ dinner...
What is the rest of the group up to lately?
Old 01-10-2000, 07:02 PM
Dank

Default I'm probably not working Friday...

(depends on when we leave; may do a half day), so I'm up for whenever a caravan gets put together. I also definitely want to get there before dinner, and seeing the track in the daytime would be nice, so I'd even be up for the 11am Steve caravan (then I can finally see your S4). Also got a spare Talkabout for the ride...
Old 01-11-2000, 05:10 AM
Steve S.

Default You wanna rendevous at Diablo Audi in Concord @ 11:45am on Friday?

Let me know. I plan to go right by there on the way from 880/580/680/80/505/5

Steve S.
Old 01-12-2000, 09:43 AM
Dank

Sure, sounds good. What's a little extra driving...