Events Discussion Discussion forum for Audi events, shows and happenings

Colorado - Dubs Along the Rockies is August 23rd - Pikes Peak International Raceway!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colorado - Dubs Along the Rockies is August 23rd - Pikes Peak International Raceway!

I am not involved with this event in any official capacity, but several of my friends are so I am posting this as a favor to them. If you have questions, please direct them to ken@dubsalongtherockies.com, but here are the details:

I'm pleased to officially announce the 8th Annual Dubs Along The Rockies VW & Audi Enthusiast Event! This year's DATR event will be held on Sunday, August 23, 2009 at Pikes Peak International Raceway. PPIR is located just south of Colorado Springs in Fountain, CO. The following is a brief list of show details goals and info:

2008 DATR elected to advertise the event on a national level. We received very good feedback and are striving to do this again. Keep an eye out for this ad in the July or August issue of Eurotuner which hits stores in mid-June and mid-July.

EVENTS

Competitive Car Show - Classes by make and generation. Award winners will include best of class and runner-up trophies.

Autocross Event – Hosted by Pikes Peak Sports Car Club, we will turn the road course into a very challenging and exciting autocross. This is open to any vehicle type, not just VAG products.

Slow Drags - Always entertaining! This is the opposite of regular drag racing. The last one to the finish line wins. It's not just about going slow, it's about going slow in style.

Event Specials - We have a number of awesome sponsors and vendors that will be at the event offering specials on their products and services.

Prize Raffle - Prizes separated by vehicle type and generation will also be taking place throughout the day.

ADDITIONAL INFO

Pre-register for all events online for the best prices (opens 15 June); day of event registration will be available but pre-registration is HIGHLY ENCOURAGED.

Event t-shirts will be available. Pricing and sizing info will be up soon.

Volunteers are needed for assisting in day of event operations. Please contact Mr. Chris Durham at chris@dubsalongtherockies.com for available tasks.

We hate to have things this way but incidents in the VAG community demand that we take any steps necessary to ensure that our event be safe for all in attendance. With that said, THIS EVENT IS ABSOLUTELY 100% ALCOHOL FREE! There will be a ZERO TOLERANCE policy in effect which will be enforced by event staff and the local police department.

UPDATES

As more information becomes available, the DATR staff will start specific threads in the event forums and update them accordingly. Having separate threads will making finding specific info and details easier. If there are any questions in the mean time, please contact me directly (ken@dubsalongtherockies.com) for the quickest response. Please keep in mind that organizing this show is an on-going operation so some of the info you want may not be available yet but we're working on it.

With that said, be sure to mark your calendars for August 23rd, 2009! We look forward to having everyone at the event!

Thanks,

Ken Wallace
DATR President and Chairman