Events Discussion Discussion forum for Audi events, shows and happenings

Off to Detroit today for the North American International Autoshow....

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2000, 06:21 AM
Matt Daniels

Default Off to Detroit today for the North American International Autoshow....

So look for a few updates in the next couple of days. Audi's press conference isn't until Tuesday, so I probably won't have much Audi related news to report on until that afternoon. But I'll probably make an update or two on this forum (if I get access to a computer that is).

We know that the TT Roaster and 225 hp versions of the TT will be at the show, but they "officially" debuted at the LA Autoshow yesterday. Also at this show is going to be the A8 L (long wheel base) and maybe something else, but we're not too sure. Maybe they'll have a A2 or RS4 on display, but that's wishful thinking.

Well, I have to leave to catch my plane in about 45 minutes, so I'll keep you updated.

Matt
Old 01-08-2000, 08:15 AM
Reggie

Default I got my copy of Automotive Industries mag last week with a full review of the show

Audi has a good disply and is next to MB and BMW. Much better location than VW. They are next to the enterance and all the concessions which sometime can be distracting. This and the CES are the two I have always wanted to attend.

With your digital camera you should be able to update us quickly with photos.

I think the VW website is giving live updates to the LA show - not sure about the Detroit one.

Good luck Matt.
Old 01-08-2000, 11:12 PM
tmartin

I can't wait for the AutoShow..I'm going to get stuck with the normal folks.. no press affils here