Events Discussion Discussion forum for Audi events, shows and happenings

Price negotiation

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price negotiation

Hello all,

im looking for input on price negotiation on a new audi a6. I custom ordered a brand new 2019 a6 with individualized contour package as there was none available in the nearby area. I ended up putting a 1000 for a deposit. After getting duped by the salesman to sign off on the dotted line, i realized that the price he listed on the paper was the msrp for the model. When i asked about the sale price - I was told that this will be negotiated when the car arrives. Audi is also offering a 3k incentive to new buyers in the area and when i asked about this - was told that incentive will only apply if the car arrives by the end of the month and if arrives later i will only get the incentive (if any) that is available that month. I feel silly about not thinking this through before i signed but have never custom ordered a car before. Any input as to how this process should work. I live in new england.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Definitely a great car, so your truly hard part is done.

I am a dealer in PA - and have sold cars to multiple members. Shoot me a PM, let me know if I can help.

Sale price on the car should always be disclosed up front - that's how I do it. Incentives are correct, you can't lock those in advance, they only apply for the month the vehicle is delivered. At the same time, I might be able to find you the spec vehicle you want. I do it all the time,