Events Discussion Discussion forum for Audi events, shows and happenings

So Cali VagCom for June/July 2016

Old 07-03-2016, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Additional location photos (deleted/changed, now see post #27)

LOCATION CHANGE, ALSO ADDED TO FIRST POST.

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 07-11-2016 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the shaded one. 2nd option!
Old 07-07-2016, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

anyone from the south (Huntington beach/fountain valley/garden grove )oc area who would like to caravan up to this?

Last edited by 949; 07-07-2016 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes all are welcome. Please feel free to swing by. The more the merryer. However I will only be bringing small amount of food for those that RSVP'd. The rest I suggest you bring your own picnic supplies.

To all, Please remember this meet is intended for fun get-together and help with VagCom for those that RSVP'd. Please observe safety and avoid any behavior that would cause unsafe or illegal actions.

If you RSVP'd and will receive VagCom udpates, please bring a copy or what you want done, or have it available via some electronic means. The responsibility to obtain the coding and information you want done is yours.

Please understand that I am helping as a favor, and I have no obligation nor assume any liability for any consequences resulting from these upgrades. I am helping at your request and as result of you reaching out to me for assistance.

That's my disclaimer... now lets have some fun.
Those that RSVP'd, check your phones for any messages in the event the venue changes.

All others, please check this thread once more the DAY BEFORE MEET in case venue moves.

Thank you all.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Location Change

I reached out to all RSVP members got replies from half of our RSVP's. The original plan was to accommodate members and any additional guests/family they may bring to make this a more family oriented event. But.......

Since the few responding members will be showing up alone, it makes sense to scale down the venue to a more private park. Not the most scenic park but it's smaller and our cars will be closer to the picnic tables for better access to go back and forth for VagCom updates.

New Location:
Paul C Grow Park
23281 Forrest Canyon Drive
Diamond Bar, CA. 91765

Location within 1 mile of original intended meet.

New schedule
Overal event time
10:30am - 1:00pm

VagCom mods1:
10:30am-11:00am

BBQ
11:00am - 12:00pm

VagCom mods2
12:00pm-12:30pm

Smaller park so only one small BBQ grille. Please try to adjust to new schedule, I cannot accommodate everybody's custom needs for this free event.

Feel free to bring your own BBQ tools/food.

I will provide
the food.
the plates
drinking cups
BBQ supplies

You will provide:'
Your own vagcom update instructions
your own 2-liter drink preference

Contingency
In the event the park will not accommodate our meet
RSVP members will get text ASAP of new location.

Non RSVP members, please check forum at 11:30am for update. I know not alot of time but sorry.. you didn't RSVP.
Attached Thumbnails So Cali VagCom for June/July 2016-imag0233.jpg   So Cali VagCom for June/July 2016-imag0232.jpg   So Cali VagCom for June/July 2016-imag0230.jpg   So Cali VagCom for June/July 2016-imag0231.jpg  

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 07-15-2016 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

cool sounds interesting.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude you are too legit!!

Sounds awesome!. I have to teach a class early and will be done at 10:45. I'll head out straight from Glendale, there!

Also - By 2 liter drink, is this non alcoholic only? Just curious if anyone wants a 6 pack
Old 07-12-2016, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

ill be stopping by but possibly another guy will join me as well. he wants some vagcom done and I just told him about this meet.

ill be bringing my own vagcom cable as well but my laptop battery isn't that strong so I don't know how long it will last. I can help out as much as I can with anyone who needs it.

Last edited by 949; 07-12-2016 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rault18
Dude you are too legit!!

Sounds awesome!. I have to teach a class early and will be done at 10:45. I'll head out straight from Glendale, there!

Also - By 2 liter drink, is this non alcoholic only? Just curious if anyone wants a 6 pack
It's a public park so bring what you want. But I'd suggest a less conspicuous cup to pour it into. Obviously please enjoy responsibly.
I doubt others will stay very long but I'll have to wait around for the full time of the meet just in case.

Originally Posted by 949
ill be stopping by but possibly another guy will join me as well. he wants some vagcom done and I just told him about this meet.

ill be bringing my own vagcom cable as well but my laptop battery isn't that strong so I don't know how long it will last. I can help out as much as I can with anyone who needs it.
Kewl,
thank you for the offer. Helps would be appreciated. Spare laptop is a great idea. My small AC inverter recently went KAPUT! so won't be able to charge it at meet. I have a more robust Cobra unit I've been meaning to install but just haven't had the chance. Also not convinced of where to mount it yet. Photo below.
Attached Images  
Old 07-12-2016, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default BBQ Details

BBQ Details

So far 4 confirmed attendees, maybe 2 more possibly make it.

Bring your own drinks (BYOD)
I suggest you bring a fordable picnic/lawn chair in case we need to shift for shade depending on how long you guys hang around.
Bring any additional supplies/food you want to have available. This is a communal BBQ so we're all chefs that day.
The below supplies are all coming out of my pocket so sorry for the limited selection. I will only be providing the supplies listed below to share with all:

4 burger patties
1 small pack of Jumbo hot dogs
1 pack of hot dog buns
1 bottle of kat-sup
1 bottle of mustard
1 jar of mayonnaise
2 red tomatoes
1 plastic cutting board & k-nif
1 medium size cooler with ice (minus the drinks)
Bag of coals
tongs for BBQ
Lighter fluid
Hope I don't forget the matches, DOH

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So Cali VagCom for June/July 2016