Events Discussion Discussion forum for Audi events, shows and happenings

Update from the Autoshow

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2000, 08:09 AM
Matt Daniels

Default Update from the Autoshow

Damn, I'm worn out.

Today is the first full day of press preview at the show and I'm pretty tired from walking around. This show is pretty big, but not as big as I was expecting. But some of the booths are really cool. The "GM Experience" is probably the biggest and most elaborite (I know that's misspelt, but I don't care).

I've been taking a number of photos with my digital camera and my SLR, but I currently have no way of getting them online. But, all my film is being developed and but on CD's overnight, so tomorrow I may have something.

I've seen some pretty cool stuff today, but nothing really stands out at being "the best". The VW pickup truck concept was very interesting and looked pretty cool.

Mercedes debuted the SLA concept (or maybe it's a production car? I'll have to double check). That thing was pretty wild looking.

That's it for now. Audi's press conference is tomorrow morning at 9:30. I'll be attending that, then heading back to Salt Lake tomorrow evening. I'll have a full report on the show on Wednesday or Thursday.

Matt