A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Annoying problem after changing interior lights to LED

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 12:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Annoying problem after changing interior lights to LED

Hello, hi, yo, hey, whichever you prefer

So yesterday I changed all the bulbs in the interior of my A4 B7 -06 to LED-bulbs and everything seemed to be working just fine. But as the day progressed I started noticing some annoying "problems".
So first off, when the car is turned off no lights come on when using the light switch, opening the glove box or trying to look at my pretty face in the vanity mirror (the ones for the mirror flicker lightly). When I open the door they all light up though, no problem.
Also when the car is on and I use the light switch to turn on let's say the dome light, all is fine. But when I open the door and the lights come on, the bulbs flash very bright for a fraction of a second before they calm the **** down. What could be causing these issues?

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2017, 08:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by delunatik
Hello, hi, yo, hey, whichever you prefer

So yesterday I changed all the bulbs in the interior of my A4 B7 -06 to LED-bulbs and everything seemed to be working just fine. But as the day progressed I started noticing some annoying "problems".
So first off, when the car is turned off no lights come on when using the light switch, opening the glove box or trying to look at my pretty face in the vanity mirror (the ones for the mirror flicker lightly). When I open the door they all light up though, no problem.
Also when the car is on and I use the light switch to turn on let's say the dome light, all is fine. But when I open the door and the lights come on, the bulbs flash very bright for a fraction of a second before they calm the **** down. What could be causing these issues?

Thanks!
Led's are weird like that, because they have very little resistance as opposed to the normal incandescent bulbs. I had this issue on one of my cars before after installing dirt cheap LED's on the interior that I bought on ebay from China, and I just ended up searching for a higher quality LED's through a reputable shop. Also, you can never find proper color Led's, even through reputable shops, and I don't like the so called pure white, because it looks like blue and it's very cold and uninviting, so what I ended up doing is I used a yellow marker and gave the LED's a light couple of lines of yellow, it made a world of difference in warming up the color, now they look warm and inviting, yet bright and LED-ish.