Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

apparently theres been some ruckus about the platform switch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 08:45 AM
f3d
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default apparently theres been some ruckus about the platform switch?

i'm not gonna give a hard time to the IB guys... the response from people has been pretty staggering but instead I'm curious what is to come? Every application needs tweaks to make it really work well, what do you guys have planned to make this more feature rich and user friendly like kawf had been?

I realize theres alot of flack now from alot of people but the community will evolve around the change and continue on down whatever path. I just think its really important that the IB guys and even the moderators in the know pipe up what IS to come vs. some period of silence that leaves people feeling further displaced. No one wants false promises and i dont think anyone expects some staggering "were making it exactly like kawf" statement, but i think it'd be great to give people an idea of what you guys are even just thinking about doing as it affects the community. That might seriously help things during these first iterations of the new AW.

just my $0.02
Old 03-17-2009, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, they've already gone back on promises to make it threaded, and that was the big difference between AZ and AW. So with them both so similar now, I expect many folks will head on over to quattroworld.com.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Go **** yourself.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's true. Check out https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2743486 for the example screenshot they promised us before the migration. Not showing the threads is a technical limitation they were aware of before doing the migration, so it's not a "work in progress" to fix that. Not gonna happen.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:09 AM
Internet Brands

Originally Posted by f3d
i'm not gonna give a hard time to the IB guys... the response from people has been pretty staggering but instead I'm curious what is to come? Every application needs tweaks to make it really work well, what do you guys have planned to make this more feature rich and user friendly like kawf had been?

I realize theres alot of flack now from alot of people but the community will evolve around the change and continue on down whatever path. I just think its really important that the IB guys and even the moderators in the know pipe up what IS to come vs. some period of silence that leaves people feeling further displaced. No one wants false promises and i dont think anyone expects some staggering "were making it exactly like kawf" statement, but i think it'd be great to give people an idea of what you guys are even just thinking about doing as it affects the community. That might seriously help things during these first iterations of the new AW.

just my $0.02
As we states at the top, we are currently in "beta" mode.

We are trying to work through a number of items to improve the place, where things are technically possible, nothing is off the table.
We have made about 50-60changes so far in the first 14hrs or so, probably the most noticable being the post format (now your user id is on the side of the post), and there will be many more to come.

Thanks for your patience as we work through it, it is appreciated,
Adrian
Old 03-17-2009, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by IB Adrian

We are trying to work through a number of items to improve the place, where things are technically possible, nothing is off the table.
We have made about 50-60changes so far in the first 14hrs or so, probably the most noticable being the post format (now your user id is on the side of the post), and there will be many more to come.

Adrian
ID being on the side is a good start but its still looks confusing due to there is no kind of bar/line to separate it from the post which makes it look horrible
Old 03-17-2009, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

probably the most noticable being the post format (now your user id is on the side of the post), and there will be many more to come.

Adrian
This was a positive change. It would also be nice if I could get rid of more information like number of posts, join date, etc. in my control panel to make the vertical height smaller.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Adrian
It certainly sucks a lot less than it did yesterday. But the lack of threads is, in my opinion, a killer. I have visited a lot of internet forums once of twice, but there are only two that have visited daily for the last few years. The threaded format is what made the difference, it is SO much more efficient to get around. I appreciate the efforts you have made to get this more readable, but if I can't see threads I won't be sticking around. I just can't deal with this forum format.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

One never ever releases BETA software as the main functioning platform for their customers.
BETA software is for evaluation only and development conformation only.

If this was in another industry your customer would be screaming at you right now...
And in this case your customers are screaming at you...

It better get corrected quickly or else it will be in the end...