Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Buying a Q5

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a Q5

Thinking about buying a Q5. Anyone know Audi's reputation for these cars? Anything specific I should look at when I go shop around?
Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have a 2013 that we ordered new (Premium plus, 2.0T/Tip), and it's been just about flawless. It's got over 50K miles on it now with just regular maintenance and one or two software recalls needed. The 2.0T seemed like it should be a little weak, but it's not at all -
the 8-sp trans matches well with it. I find the Nav to be unusable, only because my phone and everything else is so much better. The B&O stereo is good. I didn't need the trailer hitch then, but wish I'd gotten it. It's expensive to add later.

Big fan of the car. Good luck on your search.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RichAA
We have a 2013 that we ordered new (Premium plus, 2.0T/Tip), and it's been just about flawless. It's got over 50K miles on it now with just regular maintenance and one or two software recalls needed. The 2.0T seemed like it should be a little weak, but it's not at all -
the 8-sp trans matches well with it. I find the Nav to be unusable, only because my phone and everything else is so much better. The B&O stereo is good. I didn't need the trailer hitch then, but wish I'd gotten it. It's expensive to add later.

Big fan of the car. Good luck on your search.

Thanks for the info! Have you had any issues with the timing belt? Someone told me they had issues with the belt approaching 100,000 miles.