Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Audi doesn't back its work and is irresponsible

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi doesn't back its work and is irresponsible

I can't even begin to describe my dissatisfaction with being an Audi owner after being a committed owner for 5 years. I bought my Q7 with around 10k miles on it I even boughtthe extended Fidelity Warranty so l d to me by Bell Audi Finance. Drove it for 4.5 years and Ghent my nightmare began when the check engine overheat light kept coming on. I brought my local Audi dealer Prestige in North Miami. They claimed to have made the repairs after two weeks of having my car. The light came on immediately after I got it back .we went through this exercise and expense 5 more times. My breaking point was loosing power steering with my kids in the car. I called Audi corporate to no avail and received n ok help. I was told to go elsewhere.in then took my car to the Collection in Miami. Same old story. The light is back on. I'm told it's a bad sensor not to worry. So I go on with life and take a road trip. 1100 miles later the car light is back on and I pull off the hwy at a Jiffy lube who say the car is very hot and there is spillage of fluids on the engine. As soon as I pull off the car turns off and won't restart. I call Audi first assistance and am told my warranty expired 12 da t so ago and just should call my insurance company a tow....WOW. I do. Here we go. So I have three car towed 50 miles still 60 mi m especially away from my dsstination and am told by Audi Arlington that they can't even look at my car to the following week. I reach out to Audi again and am told they can offer no assistance. I call the Collection still trying to get the car bac km home and Audi does what? Calls me to tell me to pay another 700 to determine what the issue is. Of course not after thousands spent with no results why would I pay this? Especially knowing the extensive work that was done already. Whilet trying to make arrangements from out of state for transport and a bil l f I really 1200 for alleged ok vrrmilage and a cracked in ghetto windshield the was not noticed until 12 hours after drop off audi Arlington towed my car to the impound without even a call where over $ 800 in fees were incurred before audi collection advised me the car was not on premise...what? I have had it. No knew is returing my calls and trying to sweep th u still under the carpet. I now have to get my car back to FL and no one wants to be accountable. I have no recourse now other than to sue. This is disgusting. Big business is more important than quality and loyalty and my family's lives.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I think it is wrong to say that 'Audi' corporate doesn't back its work and is irresponsible. You were dealing with the Audi dealers which are privately owned franchises. I do understand your frustration when the Audi dealer in North Miami and Collection dealer in Miami could not fix your car and make it right. Plus to add to the frustration is the expiration of your extended warranty and all the inconvenience you are experiencing with this strange issue with your Q7. To top it all off, no one has a solution for you and they've milked you repair money and want to get you to pay some more.

Audi corporate has nothing to do with this mess that was caused by incompetent Audi dealers. Don't blame the manufacturer, blame the dealers and run after them for unsatisfactory work.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:29 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Hi - Couple of things you need to understand about Audi USA.

1. They are effectively a *sales* arm of Audi AG. They have a role in product development for the US market, but aren't really about "fixing" old cars.

2. Because of certain laws and the enormous power that car dealers have in this country, Audi USA is effectively powerless in situations like these. Each Audi dealer is independently owned. Audi USA can't call a dealer and force them to do anything.

Where you want to aim your anger is at the various dealers you have dealt with throughout this saga.