Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Current threads missing

Old 02-10-2012, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Kneale Brownson
The problem is in IE 8. I'm not sure, but it may have started after I "updated" from IE 7.

AudiWorld worked fine for me on this computer for virtually years. The switch to IE 8 was made in October or November.
Try updating to IE9 - and make sure you have all your other updates for windows.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie
Try updating to IE9 - and make sure you have all your other updates for windows.
I'm using XP as the OS because I have several important-to-me programs on the computer that will not run on newer versions of Windoz, so I can't go to IE9.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Expert

I'm using XP as the OS because I have several important-to-me programs on the computer that will not run on newer versions of Windoz, so I can't go to IE9.
Well I would suggest switching to MS Win 7 which has free XP virtual (for all the versions except home if I remember correctly) for your programs that won't run with 7 or vista - I use it for the Bentley manuals which does not run on vista and 7..

Win 7 is fast and more stable and more secure than XP and vista.

Or you can stay with XP and use firefox 10

Last edited by Reggie; 02-15-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

None of those are anything to do with the problem. It is just a mattter of settings.
You cant just set the view and order on the bottom of current page you have to use teh user CP as well!
Make sure your internet broswing security level is not too high and cookies are enabled for the site.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:50 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

What's strange, it works fine for Kneale in Firefox, just not in Internet Explorer... I logged in using Kenale's user account, and it worked fine for me as well, but I didn't test it in IE 8.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
None of those are anything to do with the problem. It is just a mattter of settings.
You cant just set the view and order on the bottom of current page you have to use teh user CP as well!
Make sure your internet broswing security level is not too high and cookies are enabled for the site.

I tried every setting in the User CP. My security level is in the middle, cookies are enabled.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen
What's strange, it works fine for Kneale in Firefox, just not in Internet Explorer... I logged in using Kenale's user account, and it worked fine for me as well, but I didn't test it in IE 8.
Even more strange: Last couple of days, I can't even get onto the mixed-up AW by using the bookmark in IE, and today, I tried to open a link to AW in another forum and it wouldn't open while I was in IE. It does open when I'm using Firefox.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Maybe you can try to uninstall ie and then reinstall: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177
Old 02-21-2012, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Reggie
Maybe you can try to uninstall ie and then reinstall: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177

I'd do that if I had any other problems with IE8, but AudiWorld is the only place I have issues.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Expert

I'd do that if I had any other problems with IE8, but AudiWorld is the only place I have issues.
I know but something I bet is messed up in your settings for the site - and we can't figure out why. - You can save your bookmarks and reinstall. Won't hurt anything.

I have not used ie for years as I have loved ff so much - I only use it for updates with MS products.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Current threads missing