Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Current threads missing

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The link is for uninstalling IE7. Same process for IE8? FireFox has crashed my wife's computer a couple times. That's why I use it sparingly.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Here is what a google search says: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950719

Fire Fox is on version 10 now. I have not had any issue with ff ever. I would not hesitate using it.
If your wife was having issues what version? I also would hope her computer was up to date with the OS. Could also be a issue with her antivirus - which version for you both?
Old 02-26-2012, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And its nothing as mundane as internet options browsing history check for newer versions of stored pages set to never instead of automatically?
I know its a dumb question, just hoping its something simple that got overlooked.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Reggie
Here is what a google search says: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950719

Fire Fox is on version 10 now. I have not had any issue with ff ever. I would not hesitate using it.
If your wife was having issues what version? I also would hope her computer was up to date with the OS. Could also be a issue with her antivirus - which version for you both?
We both use AVG as our antivirus program. We both install any new updates for the OS. We both use XP because we both employ softwares that were not available for newer versions of Microsoftcrap.

All the uninstall/reinstall stuff in that link (thanks for that, btw) just scares me.

Last edited by Kneale Brownson; 03-02-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by Kneale Brownson
We both use AVG as our antivirus program. We both install any new updates for the OS. We both use XP because we both employ softwares that were not available for newer versions of Microsoftcrap.

All the uninstall/reinstall stuff in that link (thanks for that, btw) just scares me.
Welll again I would say getting Windows 7 and running XP virtual would be the best route. You can run your XP applications on the XP Virtual and you end up with Win 7 that is more stable, faster, and safer. You can try it on one of your systems to see how it works and I am sure you will be pleased with it.

I think AVG is free right - if that is the case then get Microsoft Security Essentials if you switch to Win 7 which is free and very good. I run this on one of my notebooks and love it. I also listen to Leo Laporte and he recommends it http://techguylabs.com/radio/pmwiki.php
Old 03-08-2012, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Reggie
Welll again I would say getting Windows 7 and running XP virtual would be the best route. You can run your XP applications on the XP Virtual and you end up with Win 7 that is more stable, faster, and safer. You can try it on one of your systems to see how it works and I am sure you will be pleased with it.

I think AVG is free right - if that is the case then get Microsoft Security Essentials if you switch to Win 7 which is free and very good. I run this on one of my notebooks and love it. I also listen to Leo Laporte and he recommends it http://techguylabs.com/radio/pmwiki.php
We run the paid-for AVG. Firefox says it's not compatible with their latest versions. You trust some security program from Microsoft?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Expert

We run the paid-for AVG. Firefox says it's not compatible with their latest versions. You trust some security program from Microsoft?
Yes I do but since I am not a IT person - all the reviews I have read in magazines and listening to Leo Laporte all say it is very good.

Personally I use Norton - I used it at work at HP and at home for a long time but then it seem to slow down my home PC about seven years ago so I went with MS anti virus for about three years. Then I got a new HP PC for home and it came with Norton and it was great and have stuck with it since. I have used the free MS one on a notebook I use for my VAG-COM in the garage.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks for your suggestions, Reggie. I think I'll just rely on Firefox to get to AudiWorld.

However, Firefox updated automatically to version 11 on my wife's computer yesterday and froze up her machine. She uses Firefox as her default browser. She had to uninstall Firefox and then reinstall an older version to get things working again.

Is there a way to stop the automatic updates? Always before she was offered updates, which she could decline.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Because of my wife's experience with Firefox, she downloaded Chrome to use as a browser and liked it, so I tried it.

It opens AudiWorld in the correct arrangement and seems to operate faster. Guess I'll stick with that.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Thanks for your suggestions, Reggie. I think I'll just rely on Firefox to get to AudiWorld.

However, Firefox updated automatically to version 11 on my wife's computer yesterday and froze up her machine. She uses Firefox as her default browser. She had to uninstall Firefox and then reinstall an older version to get things working again.

Is there a way to stop the automatic updates? Always before she was offered updates, which she could decline.
I have not had auto updates on FF in a long time. Not sure why. Though I usually update my pc early as soon as I read it is released so I may update before the q gets to me.

I wonder if you guys have some conflicts with your antivirus and malware programs. Are you only running one?

Quick Reply: Current threads missing