Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dbull
I like the infinite scroll, however, I do not like the related thread function. How can I turn that off?
Or, place the previous thread - next thread links before the related thread section.

I use the previous and next links all the time.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:47 PM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the ongoing feedback, everyone! We're looking into the possibility of adding a toggle that will let you turn off the automatic related threads.

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Did the changes eliminate the horizontal scroll bar? In Firefox (Mac os 10.6.8) if the images are larger than a standard full page width, there used to be a horizontal bar to scroll to the right to view the full image or resulting expanded width text.
Images will now automatically resize to fit within the width of your browser, no horizontal scrolling needed. This ensures all the text stays within the width of the forum, too.

Originally Posted by atc98092
PC, Windows 7 and Windows 10 (3 different computers). Google Chrome on all of them. While I'm typing this reply,

this is what it looks like. You can see the box barely covers a third of the screen to the left. And my screen capture doesn't go all the way across. I cut it off just past the submit buttons.
Please go to your User CP's Edit Options page and under Message Editor Interface (near the bottom of the page), change it to "Enhanced Interface - Full CKEditor Editing" and hit Save. That one should fill the full space and offer the same functionality.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
Please go to your User CP's Edit Options page and under Message Editor Interface (near the bottom of the page), change it to "Enhanced Interface - Full CKEditor Editing" and hit Save. That one should fill the full space and offer the same functionality.
I'm on my iPad right now, but that seems to fix it. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2017, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. Are there any specific threads within that forum that you've seen it happen a lot on? If so, could you post a link here?

As for the iPad lock-up, are you trying to attach a photo via the "Insert Image" button in our post editor toolbar or through the "Manage Attachments" option further down the post editor page?
The one I linked it happens all the time. That's the only one I regularly frequent. And as I try to click on a top unread post, it juggles so I click on the thread sorting above what I wanted.

It has locked on 'manage attachments'. I just tried 'insert image' and it didn't lock but after uploading said jpeg not supported even though it said it was a ipad png file that is listed as being a supported type.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Images will now automatically resize to fit within the width of your browser, no horizontal scrolling needed. This ensures all the text stays within the width of the forum, too.
Unfortunately on my FF browser, images do not automatically resize to fit the window width. At least before the changes, I could scroll horizontally. No longer the case.

Last edited by snagitseven; 07-24-2017 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:32 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by Bozman5000
The one I linked it happens all the time. That's the only one I regularly frequent. And as I try to click on a top unread post, it juggles so I click on the thread sorting above what I wanted.

It has locked on 'manage attachments'. I just tried 'insert image' and it didn't lock but after uploading said jpeg not supported even though it said it was a ipad png file that is listed as being a supported type.
Thanks for the additional details. I think I misread your original comment about the jumpiness and thought you meant within a thread, although it sounds like it's happening on the list of threads itself. If that's the case, I was able to replicate the "jump" myself and it's caused by an ad that loads slower than the rest of the page. That spot at the top of the page can change size depending on the ad, so we unfortunately can't set its height until it fully loads. We do our best with our ad partners to ensure their ads load efficiently, but since it often requires loading images or code from a separate site, it sometimes takes a bit longer. I'll see if there's anything else we can do, but in the interim, your page should be jump-free as soon as your browser's loading indicator stops.

As for your photo lock-up, I recommend using the Insert Image button over the attachment manager. It's easier to use and frankly runs a lot smoother on iPads. Was it just that one image coming up as unsupported or did any photo from your iPad trigger the same error?

Unfortunately on my FF browser, images do not automatically resize to fit the window width. At least before the changes, I could scroll horizontally. No longer the case.
Well, that's not good. Just to confirm, can you let me know what version of Firefox you're currently running? You can find the version number via the "About Firefox" option in the browser's Help menu.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Well, that's not good. Just to confirm, can you let me know what version of Firefox you're currently running? You can find the version number via the "About Firefox" option in the browser's Help menu.
It's an older version - 38.7. I can't upgrade due to some add-ons that I must use that are incompatible w/later versions of FF.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:24 PM
IB Staff

It's an older version - 38.7. I can't upgrade due to some add-ons that I must use that are incompatible w/later versions of FF.
Unfortunately, we are unable to support versions of Firefox that far back as even Mozilla itself no longer supports 38.7. Have you tried scrolling using your keyboard's left/right arrow keys? That may work as a workaround if the horizontal bar is no longer appearing.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:31 PM
IB Staff

Hi Everyone,

Thank you again for all your infinite scroll feedback these past few weeks. We plan to roll out infinite scroll to all members in the coming days. If you find any bugs or have any questions once this occurs, please post them here just like before and I'll be happy to help you out.

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2017, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I am on an iPad most of the time and I understand your explanation of the different size ads but between that and this jumping up and down "feature" it is annoying. Even when viewing a fully loaded page, I scroll down and it jumps, I then scroll up and it jumps again. This new version is a solution to a non existent problem.