Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On a Mac using Chrome - when I type command-<up arrow>, I expect the page to scroll all the way to the top. It does not do that most of the time.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it...
Old 08-21-2017, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Now I can't even respond to a thread because the response box scrolls away to the point I can see what I'm typing. For some reason it works fine in this thread.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I have to believe that this change was brought about for extra exposure for the advertisers. Surely, no corporation would employ software writers just to keep them off of the welfare payrolls? In my experience, very few changes made to an interface ever improve it for the end user, they only improve it for additional monetization for the hosts.
Yes, the new "infinite scroll" works but is it an improvement?
Old 08-21-2017, 01:56 PM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by paperbridge
On a Mac using Chrome - when I type command-<up arrow>, I expect the page to scroll all the way to the top. It does not do that most of the time.
Just to clarify, do you mean you can't scroll all the way up to the first post, or do you mean you can't jump up to the header of the site (the logo, navigation menu, etc.)? If it's the latter, try scrolling up slightly. This will trigger a drop-down version of our header that provides the majority of options already available at the top of the page. If there's a specific link or feature you're looking for, I'm happy to walk you through it.

Originally Posted by Bozman5000
Now I can't even respond to a thread because the response box scrolls away to the point I can see what I'm typing. For some reason it works fine in this thread.
Is this happening in the overlaid post editor that appears when you click "Quick Reply," or are you experiencing it on the full reply page too?
Old 08-24-2017, 03:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I really like it. I love not having to click to the next page. And a small scroll up reveals the header allowing me to jump back to the previous forum. Two thumbs up.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Really don't like it. IMO I don't think it should hide what has already been shown. So if I'm on page 5 and scroll up to page 4, suddenly page 5 is gone and has to reload. Once something is revealed it should stay.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm not a fan of the infinite scroll.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not sure if someone else has reported this bug or not, but using Safari (Mac OS X) the site is now VERY 'jumpy'. Constant hiccups and pauses make it almost unusable. Would read to the end of the thread, but the incredibly annoying jumping and pausing is making me crazy. Please revert to the previous settings...
Old 09-01-2017, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tomb01
Not sure if someone else has reported this bug or not, but using Safari (Mac OS X) the site is now VERY 'jumpy'. Constant hiccups and pauses make it almost unusable. Would read to the end of the thread, but the incredibly annoying jumping and pausing is making me crazy. Please revert to the previous settings...
I agree, and experience the same thing. Not only Safari, but other browsers too. I use Chrome and Safari and have this issue on both. It happens because there are WAY WAY too many ads on the page. The longer the page gets, the more pop-ups and ads there are. Each ad is like a picture, and resizes the frame, gutter or page content, or it jumps into the middle of the thread and resizes the thread.

Every page I visit (except this one for some reason) gives me a pop-up suggesting that I ask a question. EVERY page! Sheesh. Why do I need the pop-up to ask a question? Isn't that the purpose of starting a thread? I close that, then ads come up, and I lose my place in reading. Then another ad in the middle of the thread.

Even worse, try it on an iPad. Jump up, jump up, jump around. Then, there is an error with the page, so it reloads.

Sorry for the negative review of the new features. I appreciate the effort to make it easier to read, and I understand why you need advertisements. But, I have a new audi and want to participate in the forums much more than I do. But, the changes have made it much less fun than it used to be.

Please charge more for the ads, and have fewer of them. And please disable infinite scroll, at least on a mobile device.

Last edited by MNSteve; 09-01-2017 at 05:59 AM.