Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Osprey is correct and I agree...it would be nice to have infinite scroll to go "backwards" from latest to earliest as well as "forwards" from earliest to latest posts as well.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can’t post pictures using my iPad or iPhone. When I select the picture icon my screen it goes gray and I can’t go to my device or anywhere else to select a picture. I can see the options under the grey screen but can’t use them. Is this a problem with mobile devices? I am using Safari but Chrome doesn’t work either. I have tried other IPads and still no go.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:28 PM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the feedback about paging back. If you scroll up from the post you're currently reading, we do load the previous posts in reverse chronological order. You're correct that using the page jump links will take you to the top of that page and then scroll you back into the next page as you scroll down, but scrolling up should circumvent that for you.

Originally Posted by Osprey
I think there should be a toggle to enable or disable infinite scoll in the bottom bar. I like to browse the pic thread from last page to first page, so it makes it difficult for me.
If you'd like, you can disable Infinite Scroll via your User CP's Edit Options page. Just check the 'Disable Infinite Scroll' option about halfway down the page, hit Save at the bottom of the page, and you'll be all set.

Originally Posted by TMDFLA
I can’t post pictures using my iPad or iPhone. When I select the picture icon my screen it goes gray and I can’t go to my device or anywhere else to select a picture. I can see the options under the grey screen but can’t use them. Is this a problem with mobile devices? I am using Safari but Chrome doesn’t work either. I have tried other IPads and still no go.
Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. You mentioned you can still see the options under the gray screen. Do you mean the regular post editor options (i.e. the tool bar with bold, italic, etc.), or do you mean the photo uploading options like the "From Device" or "Take Photo" buttons? Also, is there any sort of loading spinner icon that appears on top of the gray screen at all?
Old 03-07-2018, 02:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by IB Jason
Thanks for the feedback about paging back. If you scroll up from the post you're currently reading, we do load the previous posts in reverse chronological order. You're correct that using the page jump links will take you to the top of that page and then scroll you back into the next page as you scroll down, but scrolling up should circumvent that for you.

If you'd like, you can disable Infinite Scroll via your User CP's Edit Options page. Just check the 'Disable Infinite Scroll' option about halfway down the page, hit Save at the bottom of the page, and you'll be all set.

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. You mentioned you can still see the options under the gray screen. Do you mean the regular post editor options (i.e. the tool bar with bold, italic, etc.), or do you mean the photo uploading options like the "From Device" or "Take Photo" buttons? Also, is there any sort of loading spinner icon that appears on top of the gray screen at all?
I use the Reply button, type my text, then hit the photo option pic in the tool bar. When I do this the screen goes grey but I can see the photo uploading options in the screen “ From device” Take Photo” etc but with the grey screen nothing will work. What am I doing wrong? I know I’m doing something wrong. Please give me the correct steps I need to post pics from an iPad.
Thanks, Tim
Old 03-09-2018, 09:29 AM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TMDFLA

I use the Reply button, type my text, then hit the photo option pic in the tool bar. When I do this the screen goes grey but I can see the photo uploading options in the screen “ From device” Take Photo” etc but with the grey screen nothing will work. What am I doing wrong? I know I’m doing something wrong. Please give me the correct steps I need to post pics from an iPad.
Thanks, Tim
From what you're describing, you're doing everything right. Under normal circumstances, you should be able to just click the Photo button and the options will appear on top of that gray overlay, not behind it. I've alerted our tech team to the issue and they're looking into it.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi Auto Shop

Looking for suggestions on a Bellingham WA Audi shop. Have 2 emission sensors + catalytic converter replacement needed. Idea on cost with labor + parts.
2002 Audi Allroad
Old 04-04-2018, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SAA652
Looking for suggestions...
You've posted this in a forum devoted to discussing the user interface of this forum ("Introducing Infinite Scroll...") You should post in one of the other forums.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks, new to this.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Spartan-S5
Don't like it....makes finding information much harder especially when you scroll down/up and things populate and you miss posts due to things being 'pushed' off the page.
I agree with this wholeheartedly! I changed back to the old way, thanks for the info, just hope you keep the option permanent. I also echo the concern regarding de-BOLD the thread subject once one has read the entire thread so as to know when a new post(s) have been added. I did not enjoy the experience of jumpiness when reading and having to remember how many posts were skipped and scrolling back to find my place. A reaction to using "GO TO" page means one has to keep track of their last page read and with a 17 page thread it's not possible to go from 17 to 5, for example, since the limit on page choices is limited.

I don't know if this exists but a way to bookmark a post in a thread (assume one is subscribed) would also be helpful using the threads as a more specific info source vs trying to keep track of where the pertinent info is within a thread.

Since I read the entire post and this came up and you're reading feedback I would like once again to add to the point of requiring registration to include location, car year and model in the members identity. I saw all the comments that suggested approaches. As far as the concerns regarding not having a Audi - Allow for an N/A option entry to alleviate that and let's see how someone defends why the N/A is in their identity if that info is required to respond to the poster. As to location, I suppose if N/A is an option for the car, then maybe your view is let it also be N/A for location. I don't agree with that however as everyone is somewhere on this planet and I guess I tire of seeing a couple of posts back and forth to enable a response. FWIW, I think this is workable to the benefit of members who wish to help.

A lot of work and attention to feedback was undertaken and that is appreciated, as is the option to opt out. Thanks for making this a great forum. you guys are great as are all the folks who participate in assisting and educating others.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

IB Jason-
THANK YOU!
And yes, I'm just getting your message tonight. I get replies when they are posted, but I suspect the twitching screen hid yours from me. With crossed fingers.