Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 02:03 PM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hotlips
I agree with this wholeheartedly! I changed back to the old way, thanks for the info, just hope you keep the option permanent. I also echo the concern regarding de-BOLD the thread subject once one has read the entire thread so as to know when a new post(s) have been added. I did not enjoy the experience of jumpiness when reading and having to remember how many posts were skipped and scrolling back to find my place. A reaction to using "GO TO" page means one has to keep track of their last page read and with a 17 page thread it's not possible to go from 17 to 5, for example, since the limit on page choices is limited.

I don't know if this exists but a way to bookmark a post in a thread (assume one is subscribed) would also be helpful using the threads as a more specific info source vs trying to keep track of where the pertinent info is within a thread.

Since I read the entire post and this came up and you're reading feedback I would like once again to add to the point of requiring registration to include location, car year and model in the members identity. I saw all the comments that suggested approaches. As far as the concerns regarding not having a Audi - Allow for an N/A option entry to alleviate that and let's see how someone defends why the N/A is in their identity if that info is required to respond to the poster. As to location, I suppose if N/A is an option for the car, then maybe your view is let it also be N/A for location. I don't agree with that however as everyone is somewhere on this planet and I guess I tire of seeing a couple of posts back and forth to enable a response. FWIW, I think this is workable to the benefit of members who wish to help.

A lot of work and attention to feedback was undertaken and that is appreciated, as is the option to opt out. Thanks for making this a great forum. you guys are great as are all the folks who participate in assisting and educating others.
Thanks for the feedback! De-bolding of previously read threads should now be working. We don't currently offer a built-in way to bookmark individual posts, but if you look in the top-right corner of each, you should see an individual post number (written in white along the dark gray bar). Clicking this will change the URL in your browser's address bar to one that "locks in" to that specific post. If you bookmark this in your browser, you can then return to it later and pick up right where you left off. Alternatively, if you just want to get your barings on a page level, the page number on the right side of the bottom bar updates in real time as you scroll. You can then use the "Go to Page..." text box to get back to that specific page at a later time just by typing in the number and clicking the "Go" button. This text box also works as a method to jump between far apart pages, such as 17 and 5 as you referenced.

Regarding additional member information like location and vehicle details, we're looking at a few different options to encourage people to fill these out. There's no timeline just yet of when they may be implemented, but it's something we hope to address in the future.

Originally Posted by Redd
IB Jason-
THANK YOU!
And yes, I'm just getting your message tonight. I get replies when they are posted, but I suspect the twitching screen hid yours from me. With crossed fingers.
Happy to help.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOW MANY LITTERS OF AUTOMATIC TRANSIMISSION FUID FOR AUDI A6 C5

Dear All,
can anyone help me to know how many litters of Automatic Transmission Fluids (ATF) in you have removed the oil pan and the system is empty.?

Kind regards
Old 06-02-2018, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default HOW MANY LITTERS OF AUTOMATIC TRANSIMISSION FUID FOR AUDI A6 C5

Dear All,
can anyone help me to know how many litters of Automatic Transmission Fluids (ATF) of Audi A6 C5 and you have removed the oil pan and the system is empty .?

Kind regards
Old 06-03-2018, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by celestin
Dear All,
can anyone help me to know how many litters...
LOL... If you want to know about "litters", better to go to a cat or dog forum.... If you want to know about liters, best to ask in the main forum. This thread is discussing "Infinite Scroll", i.e., a user interface aspect of the forum.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi S Line Branding

Hello Everyone! I'm an employee at an Audi dealer and wanted input from a consumers point of view!

I want to know how the brand catches your eye. What cars/strategies for marketing really make you think "I want an Audi". And even what dragged you in to being an Audi enthusiast.

I'm trying to come up with strategic ways to market the S line models to A. Get involved with the community and B. Draw customers into the dealer! Any advice helps! Thanks in advance!
Old 06-21-2018, 01:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hello Everyone!
Old 07-19-2018, 07:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have an audi A8L 2008 3.0 diesel. It starts almost without any trouble when its cold, but if I run it until its hot, it won't start again. I changed the starter relay and the fuel temperature sensor, but it still wont help. I got a fault code for the pressure sensor and the pressure relieve valve. But i wonder if it could be the high pressure pump. If I stops it when its warm, it will start again without trouble within a minute. If I wait to or tree minutes it wont start again until its cold. Then it sometimes seems to start on two or tree cylinders before it starts up like it should.
Need help!!
Old 07-19-2018, 09:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You put this in the wrong area of the forum. You'll get more replies if you post in the right place.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

The navigation banner that appears when you scroll up after reading a thread no longer shows the navigation tree unless you scroll down into the "related forum". Sometimes that does not even work.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason

Regarding additional member information like location and vehicle details, we're looking at a few different options to encourage people to fill these out. There's no timeline just yet of when they may be implemented, but it's something we hope to address in the future.

Happy to help.
Is there any progress on getting the locations parsed and displayed? More than 50% of posts are confusing, ambiguous and irrelevant due to no location association.