AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/feedback-11/)
-   -   Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback! (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/feedback-11/introducing-infinite-scroll-please-share-your-feedback-2923606/)

IB Jason 06-29-2017 01:36 PM

Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!

We are currently testing a new, simpler way to read AudiWorld: Infinite Scroll! Now, instead of needing to click "Next" in a thread to keep reading its posts, half of you will see a layout that automatically loads the next page of a thread as you scroll. We've also updated a few other parts of the layout so they remain always accessible while you read, including access to thread search and a Quick Reply box that lets you type a reply while scrolling through the thread. Here's a sample screenshot:

As mentioned above, Infinite Scroll is still in its testing phase. As such, you currently have 50/50 odds of seeing this design change. If you do, we'd love your feedback! Be it positive or negative, please don't hesitate to leave us your thoughts below. Likewise, we're happy to answer any questions you may have about the new functionality.

Thank you!

Bozman5000 06-29-2017 04:56 PM

All I can see are ads all over the place. Very distracting. I don't like it.

Simpler to read? Quite the contrary. It's obnoxious.

3cat 06-29-2017 06:43 PM

I think it would be a nice, sadly I must not have been given the test feature.

Bozman5000 06-29-2017 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by 3cat (Post 24993905)

You would hate it.

carys4 06-29-2017 10:16 PM

I like it. I don't see any ads, the interface is fast, and it scrolls quickly with no longer needing to click on the next page of posts. Works as designed. If this feature is still in pilot phase and can be implemented by user request - please leave it on my profile. Thanks

Prof 06-30-2017 03:42 AM

This is too cluttered. I prefer the older system. When something works don't fix it!

soonerfan 06-30-2017 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bozman5000 (Post 24993845)

Agree. Lose this immediately!

Kris Hansen 06-30-2017 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Prof (Post 24993997)
This is too cluttered. I prefer the older system. When something works don't fix it!

Cluttered how? Can you post a screen grab of what you are seeing? I see nothing different other than the new functionality

IB Jason 06-30-2017 08:57 AM

Thanks for the feedback so far, everyone! I'll address your specific concerns below, but please keep it coming. We're using this feedback period to better shape the product before rolling it out to all users, so the more details you can provide about your likes and dislikes, the better. :)

Originally Posted by Bozman5000 (Post 24993845)

We display additional ads to logged out users, but if you're logged into your account, the number of ads on the page should be the same as before. The main difference is that since we no longer split posts across multiple pages, there is a single banner ad where the page break would normally be.

If you're still seeing a higher number of ads when logged in, please share a screenshot and we'll look into it.

Originally Posted by 3cat (Post 24993905)

If you'd like, you can manually override our 50/50 randomizer and enable Infinite Scroll on your account. To do so, just go to the Edit Options page of your User CP, change the Forum Skin option to "Classic Next Gen - Infinite Scroll" at the bottom of the page, and click Save Changes.

This also works in the other direction, should you prefer to disable Infinite Scroll during our testing period. Just select "Classic Next Gen" as your Forum Skin option.

Originally Posted by Prof (Post 24993997)

To piggyback on Kris's question above, can you please post a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end?

Goldswing 06-30-2017 09:45 AM

I think it looks and works great! I do not find it cluttered at all, it only takes up a modest amount of screen space. Nice easy access to the menu items and search box, and I just used the Quick Reply bar at the bottom of this page to write the post. I love the scroll feature! Saves a lot of time and mouse clicks!