Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 10:04 AM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I encourage you to browse AudiWorld logged in as this will decrease the number of ads you see per page and hide the "Ask a Question" prompt from appearing. When you next log in, please click the "Remember Me?" option on the login box and the site will automatically keep you logged in from visit to visit.

On a more general level, we're in constant communication with our partners to minimize their ad load times. I'll pass along your feedback to see what can be done to further fix this.

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2017, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinite Scroll

When I open the page it severely slows down my computer. There are ads all over the place that I have to click just to see the page.
I don't have the patience nor choose to either on dealing with it so I keep coming back hoping this issue has been corrected every few months.
It's a shame. Seems like a really good site.
It's like when you find a nice, crisp brand new 20 dollar bill on the ground
except on one part of it someone took a ****. Pardon my choice of words but that is the best way I can describe it.

See ya in a couple of months
A6 C5 4.2 owner
Old 09-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

See the post directly above yours. All the answers are there. Also, you can turn it off.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
Just to clarify, do you mean you can't scroll all the way up to the first post, or do you mean you can't jump up to the header of the site (the logo, navigation menu, etc.)? If it's the latter, try scrolling up slightly. This will trigger a drop-down version of our header that provides the majority of options already available at the top of the page. If there's a specific link or feature you're looking for, I'm happy to walk you through it.

Is this happening in the overlaid post editor that appears when you click "Quick Reply," or are you experiencing it on the full reply page too?
No, the former. I can't scroll to the top of the page by hitting command-up arrow.

Is there a setting to turn off infinite scroll? Where is it?

Thanks.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:58 AM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by paperbridge
No, the former. I can't scroll to the top of the page by hitting command-up arrow.

Is there a setting to turn off infinite scroll? Where is it?

Thanks.
Thanks for the additional information. The reason you can't initially jump to the very first post is because we only load the surrounding pages as you scroll. For example, if you enter the thread on page 3, we don't begin loading page 1 until you scroll up into page 2. This is to minimize the amount of content that you need to load at any one time, which helps keeps everything faster and smoother.

If you prefer to not use infinite scroll, you can turn it off by going to your User CP's Edit Options page. Scroll down to the final option labeled Forum Skin, select "Classic Next Gen" in the drop-down menu, click the "Save Changes" button, and you'll be all set.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default posting question

Sorry to post this here, but I can't seem to start a new thread.
Any idea why?
Old 09-27-2017, 02:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

I like the scroll feature, I think it works very well.

It does seem that the persistent login is broken, I now have to login every time I go to the site. Before it remembered my login info.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:54 AM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by 19hole
I like the scroll feature, I think it works very well.

It does seem that the persistent login is broken, I now have to login every time I go to the site. Before it remembered my login info.
If you haven't already done so, please click the "Remember Me?" check box when you next log in. This will keep you logged in between visits as it did in the past. If you're still needing to log in even after checking that box, please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 10-04-2017, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default No Longer Viewable

New feature performs poorly on Safari/Mac. Beach ball rotates endlessly as the content takes forever to load. Browsing posts have become next to impossible.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:50 AM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by BluemoonQ5
New feature performs poorly on Safari/Mac. Beach ball rotates endlessly as the content takes forever to load. Browsing posts have become next to impossible.
Thanks for the feedback. We're in the process of looking at how to best optimize the experience on Safari. If you don't mind, a few quick follow-up questions:

1. Does the beach ball appear when browsing the site both logged in to your account and logged out, or only when reading logged out?
2. What type of Mac do you have? If you happen to remember the model year, that'd be useful too.