Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For some unknown reason my infinite scroll setting in my settings reverted back to being turned on. I know have infinite scroll again. The setting I changed only saved and stuck for a few days.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2018_SQ5
For some unknown reason my infinite scroll setting in my settings reverted back to being turned on. I know have infinite scroll again. The setting I changed only saved and stuck for a few days.
Sigh, yep same here.
I would suggest to the site managers to turn off infinite scroll completely until the bugs are all worked out.

Last edited by ByByBMW; 01-01-2018 at 05:09 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:57 AM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry, everyone. Our fix from last week appears to have inadvertently reverted itself, but we have more a permanent fix for the toggle in the works right

Edit: The fix is now live!

Last edited by IB Jason; 01-02-2018 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Updated fix info.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Jumpy user experience

I find it really hard to use this forum recently. I don't think the infinite scroll adds anything to the user experience. The ad insertions make the content jump around as the ads are inserted and rendered. I don't mind ads and I do understand that you have to pay the bills. But the purpose of a forum is to read what people say and contribute to the discussion with your questions and answers. This is completely impossible while the content is bouncing around. It finally settles down, which is good. But the initial experience is worse, not better.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:30 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by emmgee
I find it really hard to use this forum recently. I don't think the infinite scroll adds anything to the user experience. The ad insertions make the content jump around as the ads are inserted and rendered. I don't mind ads and I do understand that you have to pay the bills. But the purpose of a forum is to read what people say and contribute to the discussion with your questions and answers. This is completely impossible while the content is bouncing around. It finally settles down, which is good. But the initial experience is worse, not better.
Thanks for the feedback. We're currently experimenting with how we load ads to minimize the jumpiness you're describing. We don't have a solid time table for when any changes may be implemented, but as you noted, ultimately we wants ads to be as unobtrusive as possible.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
Default Couple of things I'd like to see...

These are specific for mobile phone use:

Ability to see who responded last to a post vs the originator

When you click on a post to go to the last post you read vs go to the beginning and having to get to the end. Some posts are 10 years old and you simply want to see the most recent comments.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Infininite Scroll: Hate it.
"Related thread" pop-up: HATE IT MORE. Usually not related, not current, and it makes scrolling to the bottom of the page to reply, post a reply in the wrong thread.
ASK AN EXPERT: This week's latest blessing? Yeah, HATE IT EVEN MORE.
You also broke automatic log-ins, with that new feature deployment, I also have to log in manually every time, when my browser did it automatically before.

So all in all, for all the changes? As they said in a major lawsuit some years ago,
"THE HORN BUTTON BELONGS IN THE STEERING WHEEL, WHERE GOD AND HENRY FORD CREATED IT."

All these improvements, have simply made this forum a place that doesn't work with all the usual conventions and norms. That's not an improvement.

And who or what is GYAZO.COM and why does it want to put a cookie on my computer before I can post a reply in the thread?
Old 02-15-2018, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Infinite Scroll

Don't use it.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:11 AM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by Redd
Infininite Scroll: Hate it.
"Related thread" pop-up: HATE IT MORE. Usually not related, not current, and it makes scrolling to the bottom of the page to reply, post a reply in the wrong thread.
ASK AN EXPERT: This week's latest blessing? Yeah, HATE IT EVEN MORE.
You also broke automatic log-ins, with that new feature deployment, I also have to log in manually every time, when my browser did it automatically before.

So all in all, for all the changes? As they said in a major lawsuit some years ago,
"THE HORN BUTTON BELONGS IN THE STEERING WHEEL, WHERE GOD AND HENRY FORD CREATED IT."

All these improvements, have simply made this forum a place that doesn't work with all the usual conventions and norms. That's not an improvement.

And who or what is GYAZO.COM and why does it want to put a cookie on my computer before I can post a reply in the thread?
Appreciate the feedback, Redd. We're in the process of adjusting a lot of what you've described, including our related thread algorithm and the divider between the thread you choose to read and the related thread that follows. If you prefer, you can simply turn off related threads and/or infinite scroll itself. Just header over to your User CP's Edit Options page, select "Disable Infinite Scroll" and "Disable Related Threads", and then hit Save at the bottom of the page.

Regarding the other concerns you raised, you should remain logged in as long as you check the "Remember Me?" box when you next log in. If you've clicked it and are still getting logged out, please let me know. It is cookie based, so if you regularly clear your browser cookies, that may also be the cause of the issue. Other cookies are used by our ad serving partners.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's only good when paging forward. If you want to start from the last page and navigate to the previous page it sucks becuase you don't know when you've reached to the bottom of the page you were looking at. I think there should be a toggle to enable or disable infinite scoll in the bottom bar. I like to browse the pic thread from last page to first page, so it makes it difficult for me.