Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 10:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mostly read this forum on a desktop monitor and really appreciate the current setup with page numbers. Particularly with threads that extend over 20, 30 , 40 or 50 pages I find it very helpful to be able to know the last page that I read and to continue reading from there. If you change it to one continuous scroll it's going to make it much harder to follow conversations that can't be read in one sitting.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:13 PM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rkane
I mostly read this forum on a desktop monitor and really appreciate the current setup with page numbers. Particularly with threads that extend over 20, 30 , 40 or 50 pages I find it very helpful to be able to know the last page that I read and to continue reading from there. If you change it to one continuous scroll it's going to make it much harder to follow conversations that can't be read in one sitting.
You raise a good point about the importance of page numbers, and we try to accommodate this by continuing to show them in the bottom-right corner of the page. The page number updates in real time as you scroll, and you can both jump between pages or go directly to the page you left off at via the "Go To..." text box.

Try it out and let me know what you think!
Old 06-30-2017, 12:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by IB Jason
You raise a good point about the importance of page numbers, and we try to accommodate this by continuing to show them in the bottom-right corner of the page. The page number updates in real time as you scroll, and you can both jump between pages or go directly to the page you left off at via the "Go To..." text box.

Try it out and let me know what you think!
Perhaps that's the best of both worlds (although I'm not sure why you want to make this change to begin with. Is there a problem with clicking to go to the next page?). In any case in your OP you mentioned that you're testing this with half of the forum members and I guess I'm not in that half so I can't try it out. But I appreciate you trying to improve what to me seems to be an already great site.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I now have the test scrolling feature. It is different although I think it will be handy after I adjust to it.
So far so good.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Great! Now tell them to open up our inboxes ! 100 is too small.

Psst adBlock plus on Firefox = NO ads. Except "DON NGYUN WILL TINT YOU CAR IF YOU LIVE WITHIN 30 MINUTES OF HIM BUT POSTS AD NAUSEAUM JUST TO CLUTTER FORUM!!!!"

Last edited by aTOMic; 07-01-2017 at 01:43 PM. Reason: p.s. ARCHIVE DID NOT WORK FOR ME?? (caps lock ftw)
Old 07-01-2017, 04:54 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by aTOMic
Great! Now tell them to open up our inboxes ! 100 is too small.

Psst adBlock plus on Firefox = NO ads. Except "DON NGYUN WILL TINT YOU CAR IF YOU LIVE WITHIN 30 MINUTES OF HIM BUT POSTS AD NAUSEAUM JUST TO CLUTTER FORUM!!!!"
2 things. Them is me. all you have to do is ask nicely. Second, Don Ngyun and the like help keep the lights on. Without them, no AudiWorld. So I'd suggest just living with them.

Thanks
Old 07-02-2017, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I like it as long as the performance keeps up - largely dependent on the kind of JS in the ads..
Old 07-02-2017, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Looks ok.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I like the Infinite scroll.
Like others stated it makes it a little harder to keep track of the page you last viewed. Although the page # is still stated on the bottom so it's mainly a mental change.

Overall I like not having to click next page to move on.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm on a newer iPad Pro. When clicking to the unread posts, the whole screen now jitters up and down as it loads the large ad, Etc. Very unappealing.