Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!

Old 07-03-2017, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Bozman5000
I'm on a newer iPad Pro. When clicking to the unread posts, the whole screen now jitters up and down as it loads the large ad, Etc. Very unappealing.
I don't have a large ad on my page. I am viewing on a desktop, wonder if that has anything to do with it?
Old 07-03-2017, 09:52 AM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm on a newer iPad Pro. When clicking to the unread posts, the whole screen now jitters up and down as it loads the large ad, Etc. Very unappealing.
I alluded to this in my earlier reply, but just to confirm, are you still seeing the large ads when logged in? Or just when logged out?
Old 07-03-2017, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
I alluded to this in my earlier reply, but just to confirm, are you still seeing the large ads when logged in? Or just when logged out?
I've just tried it logged in.

Here's a screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!-img_0519.png  
Old 07-03-2017, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen
2 things. Them is me. all you have to do is ask nicely. Second, Don Ngyun and the like help keep the lights on. Without them, no AudiWorld. So I'd suggest just living with them.

Thanks
Kris, I'm not clear if you're addressing me in your reply "ask nicely", but I HAVE asked, and very nicely, before for a bigger mailbox (and by very nicely I mean offering to pay for it - I suggested generating revenue for the site by allowing members to buy bigger mailboxes). I've also tried to "Archive" PMs and lost them. I attempted to copy & paste individual messages, as well as pages (HTML), but gave up. No biggie.

I once inquired about donating to AW to "keep the lights on" and you said there is no system in place to do so. Perhaps you should've shown me the ad rates! I could buy some (comedic) ads to give back rubs to anyone who is female, attractive and who is willing to come to my "shop". And in the process, I could help with that light bill.

I've always received quick, concise, polite answers from you.
I hope you know there are some of us who appreciate what you do (since you are the seemingly the only one who does 90% of the work around here; and in my experience the only one who does it in a professional, level-headed manner).
Also, thanks for having the ***** not to whine at me for mentioning ad-blocking software. I have ADD (seriously)("ADHD, Primarily Inattentive Type" for you armchair psychs), and being forced to read the (ad) clutter detracts from my enjoyment of the site more than you could understand. And I must say, I DO enjoy the site.
BIG thank you even to those who get paid. (you, Kris, are doing it pro bono, right?).

Re INFINITE SCROLL; I, too, have a "jumpy" screen, even with ads blocked (I have not tried it with add-ons "off" to see if it's one of the many modifications I've made).... I'll probably choose not to use INFINITE SCROLL unless my "old" laptop catches up or I figure out what's causing it (using Firefox or Chrome browser and Kubuntu 16.04 Linux, the machine and connection have plenty of room to work).

Best regards,
Tom
Old 07-04-2017, 06:05 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

HI Tom,

Thanks for the kind words!

I must have either not seen the specific requests, or something else happened that distracted me that particular day. I'll increase your mailbox, no problem.

As for the Infinite Scroll, my laptop has no problems with it, it's not jumpy at all. Core I3 with 8gb ram, windows 7 64 bit, chrome. I'll keep poking around at different browsers, etc.

Originally Posted by aTOMic
Kris, I'm not clear if you're addressing me in your reply "ask nicely", but I HAVE asked, and very nicely, before for a bigger mailbox (and by very nicely I mean offering to pay for it - I suggested generating revenue for the site by allowing members to buy bigger mailboxes). I've also tried to "Archive" PMs and lost them. I attempted to copy & paste individual messages, as well as pages (HTML), but gave up. No biggie.

I once inquired about donating to AW to "keep the lights on" and you said there is no system in place to do so. Perhaps you should've shown me the ad rates! I could buy some (comedic) ads to give back rubs to anyone who is female, attractive and who is willing to come to my "shop". And in the process, I could help with that light bill.

I've always received quick, concise, polite answers from you.
I hope you know there are some of us who appreciate what you do (since you are the seemingly the only one who does 90% of the work around here; and in my experience the only one who does it in a professional, level-headed manner).
Also, thanks for having the ***** not to whine at me for mentioning ad-blocking software. I have ADD (seriously)("ADHD, Primarily Inattentive Type" for you armchair psychs), and being forced to read the (ad) clutter detracts from my enjoyment of the site more than you could understand. And I must say, I DO enjoy the site.
BIG thank you even to those who get paid. (you, Kris, are doing it pro bono, right?).

Re INFINITE SCROLL; I, too, have a "jumpy" screen, even with ads blocked (I have not tried it with add-ons "off" to see if it's one of the many modifications I've made).... I'll probably choose not to use INFINITE SCROLL unless my "old" laptop catches up or I figure out what's causing it (using Firefox or Chrome browser and Kubuntu 16.04 Linux, the machine and connection have plenty of room to work).

Best regards,
Tom
Old 07-04-2017, 08:07 AM
bpd
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

This is a great site. What I have noticed since the change, is all post are in BOLD as if they have never been read. When I click on Forum Tools and Mark This Forum Read, it does not work as it did in the past. It will show maybe top 15 threads are read, but below that, the rest of the threads are still in BOLD. When I come back to the site at a later time, everything is in BOLD again. I liked it when the threads I have read are NOT in BOLD unless there was a new post in it. That way I know something new was added that Im interested in.
Iam logged in, using Chrome, Win 10 desktop. When you are not logged in, there are more ads and ALL threads are in BOLD.
Thx.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:45 AM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I've just tried it logged in.

Here's a screenshot.
Thanks for the screenshot. We'll be pushing out a fix soon that addresses some the jumpiness you and aTOMic have been experiencing.

Originally Posted by bpd
This is a great site. What I have noticed since the change, is all post are in BOLD as if they have never been read. When I click on Forum Tools and Mark This Forum Read, it does not work as it did in the past. It will show maybe top 15 threads are read, but below that, the rest of the threads are still in BOLD. When I come back to the site at a later time, everything is in BOLD again. I liked it when the threads I have read are NOT in BOLD unless there was a new post in it. That way I know something new was added that Im interested in.
Iam logged in, using Chrome, Win 10 desktop. When you are not logged in, there are more ads and ALL threads are in BOLD.
Thx.
When not logged in, all threads will remain in the same state (so to speak) since the forum software doesn't have an account to tie in those read/unread statuses. However, when logged in, it should continue to respect your read threads and the Mark This Forum as Read option as you described. Can you please provide me with the name of a specific section or two where you clicked Mark This Forum as Read and it only did it for the first few posts?

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2017, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the screenshot. We'll be pushing out a fix soon that addresses some the jumpiness you and aTOMic have been experiencing.

When not logged in, all threads will remain in the same state (so to speak) since the forum software doesn't have an account to tie in those read/unread statuses. However, when logged in, it should continue to respect your read threads and the Mark This Forum as Read option as you described. Can you please provide me with the name of a specific section or two where you clicked Mark This Forum as Read and it only did it for the first few posts?

Thanks!
Great, it seems to be from loading all the ads.

On another note, would it be possible to automatically go to the first unread post when clicking on the thread link instead of the tiny down the arrow in front of the thread title? About a third of the time on my iPad I end up accidentally clicking the thread starters name which takes me to their profile.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same thing regardless if logged in or not...

Originally Posted by bpd
Thx.
What is up with the change to everything in bold??
Attached Thumbnails Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!-safari_www.audiworld.com_screen-shot-jul-5-2017-3.09.58-pm.png  
Old 07-05-2017, 01:58 PM
bpd
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks!
Specific section Im monitoring is A6 C7. Just like the MY01 states, everything is in BOLD, try hitting Mark Forum is Read, only about the top 10-15 are not in bold, but everything below is still in BOLD and its old stuff that should not be in BOLD until the new format came out. I can go to pg 13 and everything is in BOLD, which is older stuff that was never in BOLD. Thx for checking.

Search this Thread