Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Kris Hansen: Here's a very simple question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Kris Hansen: Here's a very simple question...

By now, it should be painfully obvious that the great majority of AudiWorld members do not like the change to VB.

So the obvious question is, "Why not just change it back?"
Old 03-19-2009, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless I am mistaken, it is out of his hands. This was all Internet Brands doing. Kris tried to ease the transition by adjusting the format to our needs, but unfortunately it failed.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:23 PM

If Kris can't answer the question, are there reps from Internet Brands here? Perhaps they can respond.

It seems to me that if a change causes most to leave, then you're probably doing your site a disservice by sticking to a format that's driving your users away.

Does this makes sense?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless that was their plan all along. I know it sounds absurd, but a similar thing happened at the last job I worked at. We were doing well, everyone was happy, and we were pulling in a steady profit. We even had a few contracts through the city/township for some big money projects. But then suddenly this moron is given control of everything for no apparent reason, and slowly but surely we went down the tubes and closed down. And with the types of mistakes he was making, it was like he wanted us to fail. I don't know.. Maybe we were just being paranoid/underestimating his stupidity, but it is pretty clear that we would done better with a 4th grader in charge.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:31 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Nothing I can do about it. If I had my choice, this never would have happened.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:26 AM
Head Cat Herder

they have said that they won't implement the JE built piece beause it prevents them from globally updating the software, which pisses me off.

Believe me Chris, they KNOW they fvcked this up, and they don't know how to fix it.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:30 AM

Are they monitoring this forum? If so, I can tell them how to fix it...

Switch back to KAWF for now.

If they insist on VB or the like, set up a either a Beta forum or a Beta site. Allow long-time AW users to try and help refine it so that the changes are more acceptable.

Obviously, the AW members are unhappy and without the members they have a wasted investment on several fronts.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:38 AM
Cat Herder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EighTT
Are they monitoring this forum? If so, I can tell them how to fix it...

Switch back to KAWF for now.

If they insist on VB or the like, set up a either a Beta forum or a Beta site. Allow long-time AW users to try and help refine it so that the changes are more acceptable.

Obviously, the AW members are unhappy and without the members they have a wasted investment on several fronts.
I have sent a vb mod to Kris that we've relayed to IB, we'll see.

I don't disagree they did this poorly. I work in IT, and we'd be fired over an implementation debacle like this.

we're trying to make the best of it and fix it as we can, but you need to stop assuming Kris and the rest of the folks here are all IB lap dogs.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Head Cat Herder

They are. Jason and I are pushing them along trying to get them to address the community.

I tell you, if it wasn't for my love of this site, I'd have just packed it in and quit.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:52 AM
Head Cat Herder

I know how you feel. And, I know, given a little time, and effort, we can get this back to be reasonably useful.. we're getting close, and I keep shoving links at IB. I need them to set me up a testing location so I can play with this and not F up the live site (any more than it is)..

honestly, the biggest push I got to want to fix this is YOUR continued posting. Really, I mean that.

Quick Reply: Kris Hansen: Here's a very simple question...